Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Me Pick a TV

Reading comprehension is for the weak.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    rtings.com is a good site for finding out input lag and overall reviews of tvs you're looking at. Honestly last year when I was looking for a new TV, most of the 4K sets had better lag than the 1080p ones. It seemed like I was having to pay double for a 1080p set with the same low level of lag as the 4k ones I was looking at.

There's also Displaylag.com which does list some models though I find rtings.com seems to cover a lot more sets.

Certain manufacturers are definitely getting WAY better about lag. There are some sets from LG and Samsung that are in the sub 20ms which is damn impressive. If you're ok with a smaller size (like sub 30") you can find computer monitors that are like in the 10ms or less range. Though for 90% of the people out there anything in the teens is probably not noticeable. If I remember right, at 60fps a single frame lasts about 16ms, so if you're in the sub 20s then you're talking only about 1 frame of lag roughly.
    That's helpful. Thanks. I'm curious about an LG set but I've always assumed they were garbage. I usually go for Samsung. Current tv is a Panasonic Plasma that has been great to me.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

3. What size are you looking to get and how much are you willing to spend?
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. Looking for a 55. I got curious when I saw an ad at Best Buy for an LG 55 uh6150 and an Xbox one s for $800. If that tv was decent I would do that but I'm sort of a snob when it comes to tvs and don't want a piece of shit.

I don't really need a tv but for that price and an upgraded One I would bite. But if the tv is shit there's really no point.

I would love an oled 4K but they are a bit more than I can justify spending. I really just want a great picture. I don't need all the other "smart" bullshit that comes with tvs these days.
    Last edited by EvilMog; 06 Sep 2016 at 03:41 PM.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

You might want to look at the Dell deal list here.

6. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    I'm hearing really good things about this year's Vizio P-series

7. I bought a 50" LG about 2 years ago. It's great. Replaced a really old Samsung.

8. Go to rtings.com and look at the 55 inch sets thats like the best thing to do. Just on overall criteria with an emphasis on low lag, and affordable. You might want to check out the Samsung UN55KU6300, or the Vizio M55-D0. In game mode they both have an input lag of only 19.8ms.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Mail me your old TV when you buy some crazy new shit. I'm pretty serious. Our new place is way bigger than our old one. And our tv is much smaller than it used to be.

I don't need to go kof-core, but 32" isn't so hot anymore.

10. The Samsungs do look good. Reading customer ratings of tvs is mind numbing. Some are so fucking stupid, others talk like they know what's going on but are almost too picky.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle