Thread: Help merging markings/comments on .pdfs

1. Help merging markings/comments on .pdfs

This is driving me crazy.

I've been using Drawboard PDF and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to read and make notes on .pdf articles with a stylus. I'm now nearly at the end of my 5GB of OneDrive space because of the resulting ballooning of file size: 200kb .pdfs wind up being 10,000-20,000kb with my notes and markings. "Optimize .pdf" brings them down to about 4,000-5,000kb sometimes, but even that doesn't seem right.

I suspect a lot of the bloat is coming from the file recognizing each of my pen strokes as a distinct object. I also suspect merging these thousands of tiny objects with the .pdf base layer will shrink filesize considerably. My question is: how do I do that? Can I a) use another program write on a pdf instead of just leaving a bunch of tiny objects above its surface or b) push those tiny objects, with Acrobat Pro DC, down to the .pdf itself? This is assuming either would make a difference in file size beyond what "Optimize pdf" does.

I thought the "Flatten Layers" option would do what I'm asking here, but, even though I can edit and move them around, the markings aren't recognized as a layer for some reason.

HALP PLEASE!

You could try printing to a PDF, it would create a single rasterized layer, but depending on the document complexity it may not help the file size.

If you do that make sure you select "print comments and markups."

4. Screenshot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Noob detected

6. Guilt assigned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    You could try printing to a PDF, it would create a single rasterized layer, but depending on the document complexity it may not help the file size.
    This worked just fine! It shrunk those fuckers by about 75%.

Thanks!