Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Xbox One, PC)

1. You can buy all the other gears games for less than $20 total. (And who doesnt own them already?)
    Big deal.

2. yeah. Total bullshit it's free and on one system. Just horrible.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

Having to worry about "one system" is so quaint.

4. This is why I hate the internet.
    I never said it was a horrible deal. I simply countered the idea that it was a "great" deal.
    Getting 4 remastered Halo games for $60 was a "great" deal. Getting one remastered Gears and some roms for $40 doesn't seem all that "great." Especially when you probably already own those games and will be able to play them on xbone when backwards compatibility rolls out.

5. Having to worry about one system is wonderful . I wish I'd done it years ago. If I can't play an exclusive here or there it really hasn't bothered me in the least.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Having to worry about one system is wonderful . I wish I'd done it years ago. If I can't play an exclusive here or there it really hasn't bothered me in the least.
    You missed the point. I can play all of tons of series on one platform. It's not even a consideration.

Having to worry about it on top of settling for the lowest common denominator version of pretty much every game sounds terrible.

7. I don't think you get the point Yoshi. I'm happy that you love PC gaming. You just don't seem to get that it's not for everyone. I got rid of my PC years ago. It's tiresome. Sure you get the superior version but there's just so much other bullshit with owning a PC I can't do anymore. Sure I get the crap version of each game now but I don't care about slightly worse graphics. I'm not in grade school anymore. It's doesn't matter. The core game is the same every time.
    I personally love not owning all the new consoles and not even having a Nintendo handheld for the first time ever. It was fun buying and collecting old games and consoles but it grew tiresome and stupid for me. So now I stick to my inferior One and still manage to enjoy the hell out of it. It honestly feels great not having everything.

Anyways Gears, the beta was fun. I got a kick out of how basic it is but it also makes it more strategic in a way.
    Also, if you are a preview member Old ass Gears 1 is free already.
    Last edited by EvilMog; 03 Aug 2015 at 11:48 AM.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

Your PC experiences are antiquated and therefore largely inaccurate, but I fully agree that not having everything is liberating in many ways.

9. PC actually probably has most of the first/exclusive games I care about at this point. But that's just me.

I don't really care about the graphical argument either. To be honest for multiplatform games I can't remember a time I cared less about which platform I got a game on. At this point, I can use the same screens, the same contoller. PC games go on sale more so I favor that for economic reasons, and they usually look a little nicer, but really it's never mattered less.

10. Sure is a lot of pointless dick waving in here.

I was on the fence about getting this Gears at release but this deal could tip me over the edge.