Thread: The Wikipedia Thread

The Wikipedia Thread

I'm sure each of us uses wikipedia. You go in to read this, and after a few clicks you find yourself far far away on something else interesting.

This thread is for sharing wikipedia topics you've found.

I just read about Edward Bernays, the father of modern propaganda and PR. Some might consider him the most evil man that ever lived. Others, the most tragic. His work in propaganda eventually killed his wife and 15,000,000 Jews.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Bernays

Good guy Robert Bosch

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Bosch

From the beginning, Bosch was greatly concerned about promoting occupational training. Prompted by his awareness of social responsibility, he was one of the first industrialists in Germany to introduce the eight-hour work day, followed by other social benefits for his associates. Robert Bosch did not wish to profit from the armaments contracts awarded to his company during WWI. Instead, he donated several million German marks to charitable causes. A hospital that he gave to the city of Stuttgart opened in 1940.

In the 1920s and 1930s, Robert Bosch was politically active. As a liberal businessman, he sat on a number of economic committees. He devoted a great deal of energy and money to the cause of bringing about reconciliation between Germany and France. He hoped this reconciliation would bring about lasting peace in Europe and lead to the creation of a European economic area.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    You go in to read this, and after a few clicks you find yourself far far away on something else interesting.
    Oh, you have no idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

ok?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    Yeah, TVTropes is very much a never ending rabbit hole, although a lot of the things that they consider "tropes" is a bit of a stretch.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I'm sure each of us uses wikipedia. You go in to read this, and after a few clicks you find yourself far far away on something else interesting.

This thread is for sharing wikipedia topics you've found.

I just read about Edward Bernays, the father of modern propaganda and PR. Some might consider him the most evil man that ever lived. Others, the most tragic. His work in propaganda eventually killed his wife and 15,000,000 Jews.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Bernays
    Have you watched Adam Curtis' "Century of the Self?" I think you'd really dig it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread