Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Summer, 2015)

1. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    unattractive white man from Sacramento.
    Sounds like someone's jelly we get all the leading roles in western RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I'm not letting western RPGs off the hook either. Their version of the boring JRPG full party freeze tag crane shot is the medium close up of an unattractive white male in the dead center of the frame, expressionless, staring vacantly into the camera, slowly rocking back and forth over a menu of dialogue options.

Attachment 77172
    lol I was close in guessing it was going to be from Skyrim. It certainly isn't applicable to The Witcher.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Oops, that's a girl. The WRPG dialogue box shot has the unique gift of making anyone of any skin tone look like an unattractive white man from Sacramento.
    The Witcher is also light on androgynous NPCs.

Bethesda's games have both The Witcher and everything Japan has ever made in the genre beat in terms of freedom though.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 20 Jul 2015 at 02:10 PM.

Freedom is overrated.

4. Yeah, I don't want that. Choices stress me out. Sometimes it takes me more than an hour just to to roll a character in those games.

5. sounds like a bunch of commies in here

6. I dunno about rolling a character, I think it's pretty good if the game isn't fundamentally broken, but I spend all of about 2 minutes actually creating the physical attributes.

7. The Barbie Dress-up Screen for most western RPG games is pretty terrible and bleeds out into the look of the rest of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Yeah, I don't want that. Choices stress me out. Sometimes it takes me more than an hour just to to roll a character in those games.
    I spent weeks trying to roll a ninja in Wizardy VI (and VII). Never rolled one so I never played the game.

9. Mortal Kombat X (XOne)
    Bravely Default
    Mario Party 10

I only have a three game rotation going at the moment but I'm getting the desire to go back and play Wild Arms on Playstation. The moment I pop it in though I will immediately get bored, I think I just enjoy thinking about playing old games rather than actually playing them.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

10. I think I just enjoy thinking about playing games rather than actually playing them.