Page 1 of 20 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Summer, 2015)

What Are You Playing? (Summer, 2015)

This thread is a week late, but maybe that'll keep FFVIII out of it.

I was traveling for work two weeks ago and visiting my parents last week, I have a lot of catching up to do!

Fallout Shelter (iOS) - I got Monster Hunter for ~$6 in iTunes credit and took my Mfi controller along but didn't play anything but this on the plane or elsewhere while away. It's strangely relaxing and addicting at the same time.

The Witcher III (PC) - Through blind luck I probably picked a good time to take a couple weeks off from this. I finished the Baron completely but then was cleaning up side quests, so I can now begin to move the main story on.

2. I'm playing the new Batman. I wasn't a huge fan of the previous games but this one is pretty great.
    Yoshi, don't wait until it's $10. I think you will love it.

Waiting for some good sales on games this summer. Not much else it out otherwise. Which is good because I spend more of my free time outdoors.
    Last edited by EvilMog; 29 Jun 2015 at 10:18 AM.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

3. ESO still. Blazblue tomorrow.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. The Witcher III (PC) - As much as I loved the first two games, they were so steeped in politics and war that we never really got into the best part of the books: how weird the life of a witcher actually is. III is overflowing with the supernatural, the mystic and the bizarre. Every side quest, no matter how inconsequential it may initially seem, becomes a sort of short story contained within a larger narrative. For example, last night I happened upon an abandoned manor strewn with traps. Exploring it further led to Letho(!) and a plot to fake his own death. It was sheer luck that I stumbled upon any of this. My favorite game of the year so far, and I've barely scratched the surface.

5. Yeah, Witcher 2 was a novel, and Witcher 3 is a short story compilation. CDPR really seemed to get the open-world thing and how that impacts the storytelling. W3 lets you live the life of a Witcher, roaming from town to town finding adventure and intrigue.

6. Exactly!

Keira's story arc by itself was better than the entire plot of any RPG I've played this year.

Edit: Somewhat related - is anyone else using GOG Galaxy? How easy is it to add friends?
    Last edited by No One; 30 Jun 2015 at 11:23 PM.

It's a pain. You have to find them via GOG's website - there's no search function. I'm easy to add because my review for Freedom Planet is still on the page for that game. If you want to add somebody, the best way to do it is to get them to send you a link to a forum post they made.

8. I assume that'll be ironed out eventually, but good lord what a pain. Would it be possible to start a TNL thread somewhere and have everyone report in for easy adding? Assuming more than just you and I are even using Galaxy, anyway.

9. Blazblue is super fun! Celica is super cute!
    Boo, Hiss.

10. I'm trying to beat my favorite vertical shooter on the Genesis on hard. Lol, I don't think it's going to happen.