Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Summer, 2015)

1. Godzilla (PS3)
    This is pretty much exactly what I imagined Godzilla Generations was going to play like. Fairly barebones, kinda repetitive, but it gets the 1990s Godzilla exactly right.

It's sort of a game about the SH Monsterarts figures instead of the movies, I think.

I understand a lot of content got cut for the PS3 version vs PS4, too bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. When Vasteel was visiting a few weeks ago we went to a game store where I ran into an old customer. He's very much a collector and was happy to announce he's almost collected 1,000 Wii games. Take that as you will.
    He shared that he was happy to find Walk It Out at the store I used to work and he was happy to get it for $30 used. I vaguely remembered the game, and remembered it launched at $30 new. So I guess it's a OMG RARE! !!11! game. A few days later I was in a Game Stop and there was one for $9.99. I picked it up. It was only after then that I looked it up. According to price charting it did spike at one point, but has come down quite a bit.

Anyway, the premise sounded kind of interesting. Walk around to the rhythm to unlock new music and areas. I just broke out a DDR pad and popped the game in.
    This game will go under the file heading that I put Lost in Blue in.
    In the pro section, I certainly was walking in place. Everything else would go in the con section.
    This game is why I hate collectors. No one should be happy to find this, at any price. It's awful and Konami is awful for releasing it.

3. FFXIV - Finally hit max level for the expansion, almost done with all the new story so far. On one hand it's still really well done JRPG stuff, but they're doing everything they can to nullify the great cliffhanger from 1.0 and that saddens me. I had been excited to see where they were going to go after they killed off or crippled almost all the main cast and removed the magical protection that made the player the "main character" so to speak, but it's just been a slow return to status quo by showing that most of what happened either wasn't really true or could be easily patched up. Not that it's bad, per se, but definitely a wasted chance.

It's also a little weird playing it since Square goes the opposite route of most MMOs, in that the new stuff for players is almost always completely underpowered and needs to be buffed multiple times before it becomes worthwhile. All three new classes are fun to actually play but lag behind the old classes in terms of viability, so there's a lot of growing pains going on right now.

4. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    1990s Godzilla
    Too bad most people think of this when they hear that. There were some awesome Godzilla movies in Japan during the '90s.

Attached Images Attached Images

5. Started playing ESO, it's more Skyrim with bros and less actual MMO, at least from what I've played.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Too bad most people think of this when they hear that. There were some awesome Godzilla movies in Japan during the '90s.

I secretly like that monster design a lot, but YEAH terrible movie.

This game covers Return of Godzilla > Godzilla vs Destroyah with a couple of old school critters in there. Jet Jaguar's a hidden boss!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (PCB) - I was able to reach Baxter on one credit and default settings today. Trying to conserve health while fighting Rocksteady and Bebop takes some of the fun out of those fights, as you have to duck in, get a hit or two, and get out. You really can't go for the knockdowns like you would if you were credit feeding.

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (PC) - I finally arrived in Skellige before realizing that the achievements were borked by 1.07. Thankfully, I think the only two I missed were Gwent related and relatively easy to recreate. I'm going to take another break and wait for everything to be fixed before wrapping it up.

During my hiatus from The Witcher, I think I am going to play through Knights of the Old Republic on my phone (with Mfi controller support!) to get ready to try out the new PC patch for its sequel.

8. My son started playing KotoR II tonight. Keeps crashing in the same spot (cinema of the hawk descending to a planet).
    Yep.

Yoshi, how many lives does the pcb give you by default? The rom I use in mame defaults to 2, and that's just not fair.

It is indeed two.