Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 791011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. Robot

1. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I was watching last night and couldn't help but feel this show is a tad unbelievable. The ladies house being entirely on-the-grid (including water temperature, huh?). fsociety growing yet being hunted seems strange. But with Elliot being as demented as he is maybe that's the great thing about it. I don't know how long a series can go like this one is before imploding on itself but oh well. It was a great episode nonetheless.
    Yeah, that's the promise of a Smart home. You have access to control everything digitally. She's loaded so it's a model home of the future. What's strange about fsociety growing but being hunted? Considering Darlene is the only original left and she's gotta flex to keep order, it's not the fsociety she thought was going be carrying the torch after hitting Evil Corp. She's struggling.

Edit: Darlene isn't the only one, I didn't recognize Mobley (Darlene gives him the USB to install the ransomware at E Corp).
    Last edited by Rumpy; 14 Jul 2016 at 07:08 PM.

2. When take me home started playing, I immediately thought, " well, Sats is feeling some stirrings."

3. I was totally crying by the time the song got loud enough to tell what it was, and my husband was like "WHAT? WHAT???" and I'm like, "PHILLLLL!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS PERFECT!!" (props to the sound person for that too, it was a well produced scene - the faint music swelling into full volume.)

God bless good TV.

Good point about Darlene, she's dealing with the 4chan/reddit-ization of her group. A bunch of digital knuckleheads being loud and obnoxious, doing stupid meaningless shit like castrating the bull statue - when there's such a bigger game that needs to be won.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

4. They put so much effort into covering their tracks but it's the stupid shit like taking pictures that gets you caught. "I didn't send them anywhere..." Doesn't matter dipshit, you're making evidence and a trail.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Yeah, that's the promise of a Smart home. You have access to control everything digitally. She's loaded so it's a model home of the future. What's strange about fsociety growing but being hunted? Considering Darlene is the only original left and she's gotta flex to keep order, it's not the fsociety she thought was going be carrying the torch after hitting Evil Corp. She's struggling.

Edit: Darlene isn't the only one, I didn't recognize Mobley (Darlene gives him the USB to install the ransomware at E Corp).
    I understand what a smart home is. I think it's just my prejudice against the idea showing.

This episode was very good but it's pretty obvious he's imprisoned somewhere. I hope that idea being a swerve wasn't the intent of the entire season. I have no idea why I'm so hard on this show.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 16 Jul 2016 at 12:28 PM.

6. They set things up to be plausible and there is real world precedent for all of it. They don't go into the nitty gritty so there is an actual show to watch. Right now a home like that would have parts from like 7 companies. Getting all that to talk to each other is a bitch and makes a hack much more compolicated, but expoits have been found. They imply that the gear is all from one company to simplify things and to get to the point.

7. This show man. This show. He's definitely in a mental hospital too, I can't see any way around that.
    The scene with both the puke and cement, wow...one of the most graphic things I've seen on TV.

8. I'm still watching so I'm trying to not see what's up there ^ but...

If you're laying in bed looking at your phone, why would you have to ask your version of Echo or whatever what time it is? Pulled me right out of the show. So here I am.

9. I thought the same thing.

10. I think she's just painfully lonely. but yeah, lol.