Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. Robot

1. I finished the first couple episodes. Mr. Robot is totally Elliot's Tyler Durden right?

2. What did I JUST say?

3. I'm on the fence. I just need one scene in which robot, elliot, and one other person have a real conversation. Just one.

4. We know Darlene exists, one of the two dealers pointed a gun at her in the prison break ep.

Mr. Robot threatened the pot dude, but maybe it was Eliot? I don't know.

5. The other girl, Trenton, is also real. So is Romero. Just before going to the data center, Elliot goes into full blown withdrawal...Romero and Mr. Robot have a direct argument with Elliot cracked out on the bed.The arcade scenes are the only time Elliot and Mr. Robot are shown in the same room with everyone together, though. When the Dark Army bails on fsociety, I think Elliot and Mr. Robot both talk and everyone looks where they should (I can't remember exactly though). During the infiltration at the data center, Mr. Robot is in the van with Romero and the other hacker, but I don't recall them talking to Mr. Robot in the van (he sits in between them, it seems like they acknowledge a physical presence). Mr. Robot is the only one that talks to Elliot as he's walking around in there, though.

This last episode was really good, Elliot wasn't in it much, but it totally worked. Who is the guy that gave Angela's boyfriend (Ollie) the disc to blackmail him? Is that Cisco? I wasn't really paying attention to what he looked like when he first gave him the CD on the street and at the end of this week's episode where he threatens Ollie directly.

6. Mr robot is the only one that I am unsure of. I think the rest of the hackers are real. It was the van scene that put me over the edge. Robot was telling Elliot shit (about how Elliot was thinking/ feeling) that he shouldn't have known.

7. Yeah. Kind of like when he pushed him off the boardwalk.

8. I think everyone was looking when Elliot and Mr Robot talked because Elliot was arguing with himself. It's definitely the kind of thing that would draw attention. This week's bits with Mr Robot, on the other hand, make me less sure. I still think the entire crew is in on the Elliot/Mr Robot split so that's why they roll with it, though. It's generally obvious which personality is in charge so that's who we see on screen. The various people making up an MPD individual don't look like the body they live in, and aren't necessarily even the same race/gender. Or maybe that's just overthinking it.

9. Holy shit, BD Wong!

10. That ending blew my mind, I have so many questions. I like how they took all the hints and twisted them a bit again.

So Mr. Robot isn't real, but he's not a made up person, he's Elliot's dead dad (he's dead right? I'm remembering it right that Angela's mother died and Elliot's dad died because of Terry Colby's company? I can't remember anyone talking about Elliot's mother). Oh and Darlene is his sister. Great way to confirm the big hunch, but add something new to it.
    Last edited by Rumpy; 13 Aug 2015 at 01:26 AM.