Page 1 of 25 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. Robot

1. Mr. Robot

They've been advertising the shit out of this, but what caught my attention was all the unanimous praise it was getting from screenings. It's on USA Network which is pretty shocking, I can't remember the last show I watched on this channel.

Here's the blurb on it:
    Mr. Robot follows a mysterious anarchist who recruits a young computer programmer (Malek) who suffers from an anti-social disorder and connects to people by hacking them.

Rami Malek as the lead is great and all the praise isn't bullshit. Came out of no where for me so I'm pretty stoked on having a new show to watch. 10 episode season, Season 2 is coming. It's on Wednesdays at 10pm and you can watch the first episode here: http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot

The pilot was really good. I'm not enough of a computer nerd to know how accurate the science is but it's entertaining.

3. I appreciate not seeing a fake GUI glitching and melting with animated sprites dancing on screen to show what "hacking" looks like.

4. That's what hacking looks like when I do it, what have you been hacking?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. The Gibson.

6. Holy shit, the end of episode 2 was great.

7. Caught the first episode and went right into the second, really digging it. Between this and Humans, TV is good this summer.

8. Yeah, this show is really good.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. Will this come to Netflix eventually? I see it advertised on WWE RAW during my streaming from American TV and it looks great.

10. I think most USA shows make it to Netflix.

Talk about an abrupt ending.