Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 81011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: July 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    the real question is who is playing native Atari 7800 games
    Well, it is backward compatible with the 2600, so it's not bad to keep around as basically a 2600+.

I'm not a big Atari fan, but I played Kaboom! at a friend's house and I LOVE IT SO FUCKING MUCH. I need to track down a copy and some paddles.

On topic: Got a XRGB2 yesterday. It's still an amazing piece of hardware.

2. Yeah, I got it for the BC. I was going to trade for a 2600, but he had a 7800 so I went for that. The 7800's library is small enough to collect for, and there are so many great 2600 games I want to play again.

Btw, Tim, the dude who makes the NESRGB kits is making a RGB kit for the 2600. It's pointless and awesome.

4. Melf, check your PMs.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. I like the 7800. Some nice ports of early arcade games like Robotron, one of the best versions of Ballblazer, and some nice homebrews like Jr. Pac-Man, Beef Drop (Burgertime clone) and Failsafe. The one thing is that 2600 games are darker than on a 2600, so I still keep my 2600 around.

Yard Sale haul:
    Boxed set of three Garfield DVDs (Garfield as Himself, Garfield Fantasies, and Garfield Travel Adventures) with various specials like Garfield on the Town for a dollar.
    Edge of Tomorrow (All You Need is Kill) novel for 25 cents.

I also ordered Splatoon from Best Buy since I have a five dollar off coupon, but that may be an August haul rather than a July one (though there is a chance it still might come this week).

6. I got Front Mission Evolved for $2 because sometimes the urge to satisfy curiosity is stronger than the urge to avoid inevitable pain.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Brianvgplayer View Post
    I like the 7800. Some nice ports of early arcade games like Robotron, one of the best versions of Ballblazer, and some nice homebrews like Jr. Pac-Man, Beef Drop (Burgertime clone) and Failsafe. The one thing is that 2600 games are darker than on a 2600, so I still keep my 2600 around.
    I loved my 7800 back in the day. There are some really cool titles that is just so bizarre... Ninja Golf, Desert Falcon, and a pretty cool home port of Food Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I got Front Mission Evolved for $2 because sometimes the urge to satisfy curiosity is stronger than the urge to avoid inevitable pain.
    I bought it for $1 last month, but haven't have time to try it. LMK if I should bother.

I just read "7800" out of context and subconsciously put a "GTX" in front of it instead of an "Atari." The console gamer in me is truly dead.

9. Splatoon just arrived!

10. Picked up Fatal Fury Battle Archives volume 1 and 2, and... my TV won't display them. Nice work, SNK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!