Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: July 2015

1. Yeah Grid 2 at high and Crysis 3 at medium were 60 FPS and really amazing looking.

2. I had to get one of these, because Atari was so forward-thinking that its console won't work with a standard RF switch box. Neither my NES or MS ones work because they interfere with the signal (I play those consoles in composite but still have the boxes around). Supposedly, this cancels the interference. I'll know tomorrow because the stupid PO only had 3 employees working the counter and PO boxes today, after a 3-day weekend. They were backed up and couldn't get to the package until after the PO closed. Yay!
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Maybe because the standard autoswitching rf box wasn't standard yet?
    But that adapter provides a much cleaner signal than the switchbox regardless.
    And maybe I'm misreading your post, but that is used in lieu of an RF, not in addition.

4. It uses a composite cable but connects to the TV's RF input.

The 7800 came out after the NES and around the time of the Master System. You can daisy chain both the NES and MS boxes without problems, but Atari derped it. Everyone else got it right but Atari.

5. The atari 7800 was developed years before that though.

6. My wife surprised me yesterday with a copy of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. I immediately ordered a Circle Pad Pro so that I actually have fun with it.

Considering the hardware, it's very pretty! I'm already loving how much quicker and more responsive it is compared to Tri, which was the last game in this series I really got into. Can't wait until the CPP gets here so I can properly dive in.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    The atari 7800 was developed years before that though.
    But IIRC, it was on hold for several years. That would be even worse then, because it would mean Atari released it years later and never made any revisions, despite more advanced competition already being on the market. They'd be both stupid and lazy, as opposed to just stupid.

Of course, the right answer here is that they were cheap, plain and simple.

8. I thought that was common knowledge concerning the Tramiel years.

9. the real question is who is playing native Atari 7800 games

10. Also: it wasn't only on hold, units were manufactured, packaged, and ready to send to retail.