Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Han Solo Star Wars Anthology movie (title TBA)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    Young Han Solo Star Wars Anthology movie (title TBA)
    No. No no no no no no. Bad.

how about no more star wars?

Or just don't touch anything that connects to the current tv or movies? How about something new?

3. The Young Indy chronicles would be a better analogy than River Phoenix. When he was a teenager in WW1. The teen did a pretty good job. We won't talk about 4 year old Indy though.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

5. I'm usually pretty okay with brands mining themselves but this seems rife for disaster. Han Solo should be exclusive to the main movies and that's it. Create a new character for Chris Pratt or Chris Pine or whoever they get to play Han. There's an opening in the rogue smuggler anti-hero role now—perfect time for a debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Look how well flushing out Boba Fett's past worked out.

7. Both the Fett's are unremarkable and die relatively ant-climactically. The trilogies just had too much going on for their own good I think.

That being said DJango Fett's encounter with Kenobi was pretty neat. Would be cool to explore that even some technology taxes the OP magical space wizards.

8. Boba Fett ain't dead! His survival of the Sarlaac Pit is canon now.

I would have liked to see another side story, like Rogue One. I don't need to see young Solo. I'd rather have another character fill in some gaps. Chris Pine as Dash Rendar or something like that (but Dash is no longer canon, sadly).

9. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I'm usually pretty okay with brands mining themselves but this seems rife for disaster.
    Yeah, but so does everything Miller and Lord do, and it always turns out amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Chris Pratt or Chris Pine or whoever they get to play Han.
    Alden Ehrenreich.
    Who?
    The singing cowboy from that last Coen bros. movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

10. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Boba Fett ain't dead! His survival of the Sarlaac Pit is canon now.
    Until I see Fett alive in the Star Wars cinematic universe after the events of him falling in to the pit he's as good as dead. The "he survived!" rabble rousing is nothing more than fanboys not knowing how/when to let go of something. It's clear the studio didn't realize how popular the character would be. There will be other cool character in future, no need to dwell on it. All it does is shackle creative people to old ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I would have liked to see another side story, like Rogue One. I don't need to see young Solo. I'd rather have another character fill in some gaps. Chris Pine as Dash Rendar or something like that (but Dash is no longer canon, sadly).
    Yeah that would be cool. While the Empire vs. the Rebellion are the big event of this universe the setting is established enough that you can showcase other aspects. I'm looking forward to Rogue One. The one thing Star Wars does really well is visuals—the costumes, photography of space ships and overall designs of things are really well thought out. You get a lot of iconic moments from that. That's why I'd like to see other aspects—so see what things they can think up.

I feel they really blew it with the Gungans in Phantom Menace. An underwater swamp species technology could have been so much cooler than a hampster-style set of tubes and air pockets.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 23 Oct 2016 at 05:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."