Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Han Solo Star Wars Anthology movie (title TBA)

1. Original trilogy star wars was great
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

2. galaxy brain: it wasn't, you just have fond memories of youth.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. Actually no it was great, and I will cut you if you continue down this path.

It was hokey as fuck from start to finish.

edit: I'm talking about the original Star Wars trilogy.

5. I'm more of an Alien dude, but that's been a rough time since 1997. Then again, so has Star Wars (what's up Special Edition garbage pile).
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. ....sigh....pulls knife....

New Hope and Empire are objectively good. To say they aren't is to ignore just about everything like them that was out around the time. They brought a lot of positive elements together that everyone else wasn't doing a very good job with. Either the story was bad. Or the effects were bad. Or the budget low. Or something. NH and EMSB did just about everything they set out to do well. Jedi is a little iffy, as much as I love it. Its still ok, but by Jedi, George figured out he could sell toys and the movies suffered for that. Still fun though.

I won't say they are genius however, as they are good in spite of George, and not because of him. It was filmed well because either he didn't have the money for the fancy shit he wanted, or he was forced to actually position the camera correctly to hide puppet strings. With an infinite budget, he doesn't adhere to good filming or storytelling practices and just masturbates onto the screen.

EDIT: For anyone that doesn't think they are good, both as art or just enjoyable to watch, I challenge you to find something better or at least fits your own definition of "good" from 77 and 80. Bonus points if it is sci-fi.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 10 Apr 2018 at 01:20 PM.

8. Alien is still the only thing that comes to mind.

9. Flash Gordon

The Shining as a real answer.

10. And for 77 Pumping Iron.