Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 689101112 LastLast

Thread: Young Han Solo Star Wars Anthology movie (title TBA)

1. Solo was just incredibly fun. Enjoyed it all the way through. Easily in my top 5 favorite Star Wars movies.

2. I’ve heard the same review from many. A Star Wars that hasn’t forgotten thrilling heroics is kinda the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. I'm all game for seeing two more young solo movies. Bonus points if the third movie ends with him going to meet and old man and farm boy at a seedy bar in Mos Eisley.

4. The movie didn’t make as much as the other recent Star Wars films. Like I said in the MCU thread: the bloom’s coming off the rose with this franchise. I blame both the frequency of releases and the really shitty writing of Last Jedi (it used its intersectional narrative to smother the spirit of the franchise, ironically robbing its diverse cast of the fun of partaking in these movies in the first place—without really replacing it). There’s only so many times you can leave a theatre feeling let down, confused or uninspired after watching these films before people will start giving up.

Let’s see how episode 9 does though. There were good moments in each of the last films so not all is lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. I feel like saying in your favorite top five star wars films is saying much. I'd say it was in my top five and I feel like it was quite meh. I mean hell, top five means original trilogy then a bunch of the new stuff which has pretty much entirely been made up of varying degrees of meh.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. I’ll concede The Last Jedi was far from being a great Star Wars movie, but I still enjoyed it. Solo was far and above meh however.

7. No it really wasn't. It kind of wanted to be a heist movie but the heist wasn't that central of focus. It's pure popcorn, entertaining but no underlying quality to it, in fact the more I think about it afterwards the more I dislike it. The worst parts were the shoehorned in reminders that it was a star wars film. Did you ever wonder why Han is Han Solo? No? Well too fucking bad because we're going to tell you anyway. Did you ever wonder why the dice were hanging in the millenium falcon? No? Well too fucking bad because we're going to make sure you know all about that now too.

Donald Glover was fucking great though.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. I'm assuming he means it sits in fifth spot, right between Rogue One and Ewoks: Battle for Endor.

9. Rogue One was a better movie than this, and I really didn't like Rogue One either.

10. I loved Rogue One and thought this was better. From start to finish I had a great time. I guess this movie didn’t need to be made, but I am sure as hell glad it was.
    Last edited by ElCapichan; 27 May 2018 at 09:57 PM.