Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Han Solo Star Wars Anthology movie (title TBA)

Logan's Run. Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Superman. Invasion of the Body Snatchers. FUCKING ALIEN. Buck Rogers. Mad Max.

This is just off the top of my head, should I keep going?

2. Nah, you clearly don't have much of an argument.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

3. River Phoenix was a much better Harrison Ford than the guy in this movie.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Logan's Run. Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Superman. Invasion of the Body Snatchers. FUCKING ALIEN. Buck Rogers. Mad Max.

This is just off the top of my head, should I keep going?
    Alien is probably the only thing in that list that is safely better than a New hope or empire.

And are you really trying to argue that the original trilogy wasn't good? Or just being contrary?

5. I still think 2001 holds up better visually than Star Wars after all these years.

2001 is too perfect looking. And it drags.

I’m saying it’s not good, yeah. Maybe it was good for its time, or whatever, but it isn’t that time and Star War isn’t shit without that nostalgia.

8. Some of those movies in your list are legit, but Buck Rogers really isn't helping your argument.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. This conversation is dumb.

More importantly I just watched the trailer and can't bring myself to care at all.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Hollywood has its moments.
    This is fair. I’m just saying no studio has had the batting average of Marvel of 10 years of good movies (bland is the worst offense I can really muster for the not so good ones).

The 80s has a bunch of creative summer style flicks too. But I think I’m terms of modern blockbusters (90s on) there isn’t really a huge streak.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 10 Apr 2018 at 07:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."