Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RIP Satoru Iwata, 12/06/59 - 7/11/15

1. Man, that's unfortunate. Someone shop Yoshi with indigestion issues.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    The most important thing.

That was a lovely thing to post, bittersweet as it is.

RIP

3. :_(

Will Dry Yamauchi become president now?
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

4. I thought this was a joke. Fucking this is awful. I honestly liked the guy.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. Man, somebody's gonna have some big shoes to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. http://www.1101.com/president/iwata-index.html

Does anyone know if anybody ever translated this interview with Itoi? I can only barely understand it but I take it he's talking about being positive about Nintendo's bad fortunes?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0PN00520150713

Fucking business mouth-breathers still obsessed with mobile gaming.

Also, his alma mater totally has a Starman as a logo:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_..._of_Technology
    Last edited by AstroBlue; 13 Jul 2015 at 05:34 AM.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

7. I only learned today that he worked on the US version of the first Dragon Warrior, and i don't think many others knew that either. I wonder if these things will keep coming out, like if there's even a catalog of every title he worked on. There really needs to be a book on just his work. I really hope that someone at Nintendo takes up the "Iwata Asks" role. There's so much history revealed in those interviews, even in current games, and there will be a huge gap that won't likely ever be filled by anyone else. I hope they at least continue the developer talks that they had in the last two E3 presentations, and i'd be happy if they expanded them to being more than once a year. There don't seem to be many people in the games industry as concerned as preserving the history of video games as much as he was. It was just one contribution to gaming among many other enormous contributions.

I wonder if this year's E3 presentation was so subdued because they knew this was coming, if the whole theme of transition was taking this into account, if having Balloon Fight at the NWC with games far more recognized was all because Iwata wasn't doing so well, and if that seemingly lame bit at the end where people were having fun singing and playing the Mario song was his idea, if he really just wanted it to be a fun E3 show. i'm so sad there will never be another Nintendo Direct with Iwata, i'm sad that we won't get any more lame jokes or Iwata (laughs), that he didn't get another chance to pull a miracle from the most bonked code ever, i'm so sad that he's gone.

good bye kawaiiwata, the kawaiiest video game man

Last edited by Finch; 13 Jul 2015 at 06:18 AM.
    Donk

8. Not sure about all the other stuff. At the very least, though, we know why they did the puppet thing during the Direct.

9. Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Shinobi128; 13 Jul 2015 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch
    I wonder if these things will keep coming out, like if there's even a catalog of every title he worked on.
    Hopefully. I remember when making a VIC-20 thread, I couldn't find any proper lists of what non-Nintendo stuff he worked on. It has been several years since then, though.