Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RIP Satoru Iwata, 12/06/59 - 7/11/15

1. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Star Battle was also an official Galaxian port in Japan but Commodore didn't have the home computer rights in the West so the name was changed. The same thing happened with Pac-Man becoming Jelly Monsters.
    cool. I heard it was also the same deal with Rally-X and Radar Rat Race. I wish there was more info on which ports were done by Iwata, but he definitely did some good stuff.

Was Iwata involved with Revenge of the Gator? That game lacks credits, but it takes after NES Pinball and Rollerball, both of which Iwata was involved with.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 13 Jul 2015 at 11:04 PM.

2. I guess this should go here?

Nintendo finally named the new president.

From Kotaku (emphasis mine):

It’s not Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto. It’s not Wii mastermind Genyo Takeda. It’s the company’s former Managing Director and current Nintendo Human Resources head Tatsumi Kimishima.

Nintendo made the announcement today in Japan.

The company’s previous president, Satoru Iwata, passed away earlier this year.

Kimishima was Nintendo of America’s president from 2002 to 2006 and succeeded by Reggie Fils-Aime. Prior to that, he worked at Sanwa Bank in Japan for nearly three decades. He was also the Chief Financial Officer of the Pokemon Company and later, the president of the company’s US arm.

The official statement lists Nintendo exec Shigeru Miyamoto as a “Creative Fellow,” while fellow exec Genyo Takeda is a “Technology Fellow.” Both remain senior managing directors as well as representative directors at the company.

At a press conference today in Osaka, Kimishima is quoted by Nikkei as saying, “There will be no change in President Iwata’s fundamental objectives and strategies.”

For future plans, Kimishima said he aims to establish, along with Miyamoto and Takeda, “a next generation of collective leadership.” Kimishima said, “The theme will be new projects as well as nurturing talented people.”

Starting September 16, Kimishima’s role as Nintendo Co. Ltd.’s representative director is effective.
    Apparently, just by virtue of being a Business Guy, gamers are freaking the fuck out. Yet, if you actually look at what he said, sounds like the guy wants to keep on what Iwata started, maybe even push harder for new IP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.