Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Transformers Thread

The Transformers Thread

Not a very complicated thread. Anything and all things transformers.

Why a thread here? Why not in the toy thread? Why not in cinema? Well Yoshi's neurosis tingles when we discuss the world that inspires toys inside the toy thread. And transformers is a franchise spanning film, comics, books, toys, and just about any other useless shit you can purchase, so its bigger than a simple movie or cinema thread.

First item of discussion, the Japanese theme song to Beast Wars was so much better than what we got. It must have came from the same school of musicianship that did the Japanese soundtracks for sega games of the same period.

War War, Stop It.

Funny you should post this now, I've been on quite a Transformers kick lately. The current Combiner Wars line is pretty great with the G1 homages, I've grabbed quite a few of them.

I've also been reading the IDW comics. They start off kinda so so but really picks up at the All Hail Megatron arc and keeps on going. The More Than Meets the Eye line is probably my favorite Transformers fiction ever.

3. Transformers can fuck off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Thank you for your opinion.

5. Np.

Not so much in to anything they're doing with the lines (and the last half dozen Grimlock attempts have been horrible). If the movies are going to be the face of the thing I don't want anything to do with 'em.

(Meanwhile there's a framed digest comic of Transformers #5 on my wall, so there's that.)
    Last edited by YellerDog; 18 Jul 2015 at 06:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5 posts to call the movies on their bullshit.

The movies are terrible, the cartoons don't look interesting, but the comics rule. I'm okay with that.

Prime was ok, if I recall. Plot was about on par with anime for 8 to 12 year old boys. Diverse characters. Collecting super weapons. etc.

Animation fell short in many of the same ways that Beast Wars did. Huge sparse backgrounds. Similar locations over and over again.

And yes, the movies are terrible. They are this generation's bad B movies. I'm sure 5 year old boys go nuts for them in much the same way I did for robot jox as a kid. Unfortunately they don't have any charm cribbed from clash of the titans.

10. There was a transformers convention going on today in Toronto, so I went. Peter Cullen was signing stuff, but I didn't feel like paying so I didn't. Lots of cool shit there, but I just could not bring myself to spend $500 on the Combaticons.