Thread: Some Games That Have Loketested @ D&B

1. Some Games That Have Loketested @ D&B

Posts by Kevin Bachus, D&B Senior VP, at Reddit

D&B has loketested Beatmania IIDX but USA players apparently have found it too complex. They haven't yet given up on it and will give it another try. D&B's senior VP Kevin Bachus has also talked to Konami about Jubeat (aka uBeat). However, new music licenses would have to be gotten.

Bachus also had Silent Scope: Bone Eater (Silent Scope 4) on loketest. The test for that was at West Nyack, NY's D&B location. He liked this and its technology, and thought people really would go for it. Not so fast. It only got 6 plays for every ten that the much older gun game (Time Crisis 4? Razing Storm?) did. SS4's gameplay was said to be difficult, tough to pick up quickly, and slow paced. Sure sounds true to Silent Scope. Sadly I think our chances of seeing that one here have gone to Hell. Maybe the game should've been tested in a California location.

Pokken Tournament will be tested. Bachus and Namco are optimistic about this one, even more than with Tekken 7. T7 looks kind of iffy since Bachus says that fighters haven't really caught on in their locations after an initial rush at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bachus
    We've only had Tekken 7 for a week but the numbers I'm seeing confuse me. The staff at the three stores are e-mailing me and texting me IN ALL CAPS about how great the games are doing and how everyone loves them and how there are giant lines to play them. Then I look at our data and they're like in the middle of the pack.

2. Hold up. Bone Eater? For real?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Hold up. Bone Eater? For real?
    Who knows what Konami was smoking when they came up with that name. If it got localized here, it'd probably just be Silent Scope 4.

4. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Who knows what Konami was smoking
    I dunno, I think they made it pretty easy to figure out.

5. Gross.