Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 212141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Japanese Cartoons: Whatcha Watchin'?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    That's a good question. I don't really see many people talking about Trigun these days. I didn't really care for it myself, though. I guess that's technically from 1998?
    There are some younger anime fans at my workplace that hold Trigun in curiously high regard, or have at least heard of it and seem enthusiastic about watching it sometime.

When I mentioned I was rewatching Escaflowne, on the other hand, I got nothing but quizzical looks. Distressing, as that's a way higher quality production that's aged much better (aside from the nasty CG dragon skin in that first ep).

I'm sure the same blank stares would come from mentioning fleetingly popular flavors-of-the-week from those days, like Nadesico and Fushigi Yuugi, but Escaflowne's a series that deserves to stay on anime fans' lips.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I haven’t seen it for at least 13 years, but probably yes? I don’t remember much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    There are some younger anime fans at my workplace that hold Trigun in curiously high regard, or have at least heard of it and seem enthusiastic about watching it sometime.

When I mentioned I was rewatching Escaflowne, on the other hand, I got nothing but quizzical looks. Distressing, as that's a way higher quality production that's aged much better (aside from the nasty CG dragon skin in that first ep).

I'm sure the same blank stares would come from mentioning fleetingly popular flavors-of-the-week from those days, like Nadesico and Fushigi Yuugi, but Escaflowne's a series that deserves to stay on anime fans' lips.
    Ahhh, that's a shame about Escaflowne. I rewatched it last year and it really has held up well. Hell, even the stupid CG dragon looks better than some of the CG these days. Yikes is some of it terrible!

I'm one of the few who sorta wasn't bothered by the ending. I mean, it at least HAS an ending, unlike copious amounts of anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I haven’t seen it for at least 13 years, but probably yes? I don’t remember much.
    RELIVE THE MAGIC!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgKEWVdZ8aY

Ok, I just really like the intro, haha.
    I took all your French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post

kids are stupid. I can't imagine having this literal fucking anime buffet and remaining ignorant.

4. I still never finished Lain and I own the DVDs~
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

Noob.

6. I've got the Lain lunchbox set.

Yet I have never used it for lunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I had that. I used it for eBay.

:thumbsup:

9. Josh, what was the dvd you let me borrow forever ago. I think it only had like 4 episodes and it was you most favorite shit ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Josh, what was the dvd you let me borrow forever ago. I think it only had like 4 episodes and it was you most favorite shit ever.
    Maybe Video Girl AI? I really like that one, and it fits on one DVD.