Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 313151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Japanese Cartoons: Whatcha Watchin'?

Unrelated, was Anohana the series that Mzo tried to break everyone's heart with?

Yes. I still carry the scars.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Maybe Video Girl AI? I really like that one, and it fits on one DVD.
    That’s the one.

I cry at movies more than I did then, I can't imagine watching it now.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Maybe Video Girl AI? I really like that one, and it fits on one DVD.
    I loved this stuff when I was younger. I'm not sure I can handle the relationship drama if I were to revisit.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I cry at movies more than I did then, I can't imagine watching it now.
    lmao wait til you have kids, if you guys decide to go that route.

7. Watch Barefoot Gen. It's the feel good movie of 1983!
    The dub is kind of bad, though.

8. Quote Originally Posted by alan_fatima View Post
    Speaking of Apollo Smile, I recall Shidoshi saying she had some...interesting phone conversations with her back on GG!, but I don't know if she'd ever told the full story.
    Sadly, "interesting" in that she was just a pretty crazy person to talk to, not "interesting" in that there's a lot of good stories to tell from it. I think I probably spent an hour and half talking to her the first time I called her, part of which was an interview and part of which was just us talking. Talked a few more times over the phone after that just as pseudo-friends, and not for anything relating to work.

She was a super nice person, but it was kind of like talking to a wrestler, where you're never totally sure where reality ends and the gimmick begins. Plus, I mean, her whole schtick was a little insane from the start (but in a good way, and very fitting for that era of anime in America). I legitimately liked a few of her songs, but I never expected that she'd get very far with what she was trying to do.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

9. Gotta respect the kayfabe.

10. Whatever happened to her?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.