Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7171920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Japanese Cartoons: Whatcha Watchin'?

1. Any of ya’ll seen Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade? It’s a good movie.

That's one of the few DVDs I kept. It's so good.

Have you seen the live action stuff from the same universe? I recommend watching it if you have some heavy drugs.

3. On a Ghibli rampage, Kiki's Delivery Service and Only Yesterday tonight, Princess Mononoke and Nausicaä tomorrow. Just finished reading Miyazaki's Starting Point book and I'm pumped to get back in to these.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. I have an unopened copy of Gundam: Char's Counterattack Blu-Ray from the last big RightStuf birthday sale. I really need to check it out before year's end.

Also got the DVD boxset of Space Pirate Captain Harlock (1978). I now have both US and French DVDs of the whole series haha. I think the cleaning up they did for the US version is way better, but the FR DVDs got that TV nostalgia feel.

5. Started watching Zeta Gundam, I really like it. Only on episode 3 rn. Watching it subbed cuz I couldn’t find the dub on the site I’m using.

meh, a lot of big robot stuff is better subbed anyway. Anything with people screaming.

7. Man.. I just finished episode 15 of Zeta Gundam. Katz is dumb as hell, I dun like him. He shouldn’t be in combat situations at all.

I can watch dub and sub for these types of shows, but dubs from the 70s and 80s are usually kinda bad. I think the dub for Zeta was done by Ocean..

the original dub for Macross: Do your remember love sounds like everyone has food in their mouth.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Headphone Actor View Post
    Man.. I just finished episode 15 of Zeta Gundam. Katz is dumb as hell, I dun like him. He shouldn’t be in combat situations at all.

I can watch dub and sub for these types of shows, but dubs from the 70s and 80s are usually kinda bad. I think the dub for Zeta was done by Ocean..
    If there are old dubs, they're from the Phillipines and terrible. I got the first Zeta release boxset when it hit the states way back when and there was no dub that I could recall. They also couldn't get the rights to the OP/ED songs either so they used some the of orchestrals (which I liked anyway. Really fitting for a series about war).