Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 68910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Japanese Cartoons: Whatcha Watchin'?

1. I'd been meaning to check out Saikano: The Last Love Song On This Little Planet (or as it's apparently now [somewhat misleadingly] called, She, The Ultimate Weapon [makes it sound like an action show with a heavy side of fanservice, which is about the farthest thing from what it is]) for years. I saw that it was on Hulu a few months ago, but had other things to watch at the time so I put it off; then a few days ago I looked at my watchlist and saw that it was being taken down in the next round of their idiotic anime purge, so I binged it.

I'm now contemplating suicide.

Not really, but damn. This thing is more or less a sci-fi version of Grave of the Fireflies. Highly recommended (as long as you don't mind being too sad to even cry).

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    I'd been meaning to check out Saikano: The Last Love Song On This Little Planet (or as it's apparently now [somewhat misleadingly] called, She, The Ultimate Weapon [makes it sound like an action show with a heavy side of fanservice, which is about the farthest thing from what it is]) for years. I saw that it was on Hulu a few months ago, but had other things to watch at the time so I put it off; then a few days ago I looked at my watchlist and saw that it was being taken down in the next round of their idiotic anime purge, so I binged it.

I'm now contemplating suicide.

Not really, but damn. This thing is more or less a sci-fi version of Grave of the Fireflies. Highly recommended (as long as you don't mind being too sad to even cry).
    Oh, man. I remember watching this fansubbed as it came out. I think it was at the end or beginning of episode 10 that the fansubbers put up a warning text that basically said: "If you want a somewhat happy ending, stop here. There is nothing, but sadness beyond."

They were not lying.

3. dat Moebius influence
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. I just started watching Ramna 1/2 for the first time. Three episodes in and I kinda like it!

5. Ranma's good stuff. I really want to pick up that BluRay OVA/Movies box set that Viz put out recently, it's like 13 things for the price of two of the VHS tapes back in '94.

6. Yeah, those are some quality-lookin' releases. Hopefully they'll give Maison Ikokku a similar treatment.

7. Is that show actually good?

8. I only saw the first 12-ish episodes on DVD a ways back. But I liked what I saw a lot!
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 22 Oct 2017 at 05:49 PM.

9. My main concern was "why is this even animated" back in the day, I never gave it much of a chance.

I just started watching Ramna 1/2 for the first time. Three episodes in and I kinda like it!
    I liked this series a lot...as a teenager.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.