Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Japanese Cartoons: Whatcha Watchin'?

1. I remember reading an interview where someone asked the creator lady what would happen if Girl Ranma got pregnant and she was mortified.

Valid question tho. I guess it fell outside the bounds of light smut martial arts comedy.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 23 Oct 2017 at 11:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Not quite as much of a throwback, but this one gives me them nostalgia feels.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I remember reading an interview where someone asked the creator lady what would happen if Girl Ranma got pregnant and she was mortified.

Valid question tho. I guess it fell outside the bounds of light smut martial arts comedy.
    Apparently ann rice was kind of like that too. She wrote a lot of dark cringey shit, like vampires eat menstrual blood and was yet somehow shocked and annoyed by fans that were into it.

Slightly related, I vaguely remember the character of Ranma growing out of a character in a previous work that she was tired of writing as female or male. She carried that over. She probably thought she had found a clever solution to her problems with the previous story and never gave deep thought to the Ranmaifications of her plot device.

4. Bacon:What trailer you go for is a good marker for when you got in to it.

It was lum. Ramna was loosely based on the girl that had to dress as a boy. Apparently by the end of lum, that's who she really wanted to write about and the water gender swap thing was a plot device to allow it.

6. When I was at my most Anime, I was still very cheap- so everything I bought was done via the ADV sales. I have several incomplete sets of various series because only certain volumes were ever put on sale. But I got into Nadesico, Full Metal Panic, Nadia, and Kino because of them. Someday I’ll finish Madlax, Lain, and all the others.

7. I came in on the Record of Lodoss War / Dominion Tank Police wave. Tapes were expensive! Lots of incomplete sets.

I have the original airings of tank police and record of loans war somewhere on vhs from the scifi channle. If I ever find them I should upload the intro outro bits from that Japanese animator.

9. I read that record of loans war inspired mr robot.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    the scifi channle.
    Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk.