Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Here comes that damned CISPA crap again...

1. Uh-oh Here comes that damned CISPA crap again...

CISPA has returned to Congress for a vote, only it's now called CISA.
    The Corporate Interests Spying on Americans act... oops, the Cyber Intelligence Sharing Act.

Defense contractors, big banks, the Chamber of Commerce, Facebook, Google, and the BSA to name a few are supporting this draconian shit. Basically, billion-dollar fatcat bastards.
    Of course, these opportunists will use the recent OPM hack as a lameass excuse to take away privacy on the Internet. With the OPM hack having happened, I don't trust the government to have stewardship of Americans' personal data as CISA would allow. Hackers would likely go after that data as well.

You all know the drill. Email, snailmail, and most importantly GET ON THE FUCKING PHONE.

Do not rest until this fucker is shot down too. All we can do is delay the inevitable, but let's try to delay it for another year.

3. also pray america isn't like canada (see: bill C-51)

C-51 just sounds evil

5. Josh is right, the best way to fight this is to contact your Representitives and get your friends and family to do the same. Make them feel like supporting this kind of crap is going to seriously hurt their chances to win their next election.

What worries me is that the internet is coming under constant attack from the government. What makes matters worse is that companies like Google and Facebook are practically becoming "masters" of the internet through their massive influence and connections to things outside of their original purposes. Are we ultimately doomed to failure in our fight against big money trying to protect our privacy and rights online? The capacity for 1984 style monitoring of our private lives has nearly become reality. Is Big Brother really massive corporations and not our government masters? Can we protect ourselves or are we doomed to constantly being in the spotlight at the whim of the government and corporate interests?

You still think that the massive corporations and the government aren't the same thing?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You still think that the massive corporations and the government aren't the same thing?
    The line has certainly blurred. Most politicians are backed up by big money so essentially are their pawns. I love how the ultra-Conservatives claim that the Liberals are "communist" when almost the entire government is backed up by the worst aspects of Capitalism.

8. First, some good news: The Senate has delayed its expected vote on CISA.
    The bad news? They're still going to try to work out a deal to pass it quickly when they return from recess. Both Democrats and Republicans are guilty.

Frankly I'm feeling more Libertarian than ever now. We needed Ron Paul. Shame too many voted against him in '12. Obama supports CISA. Romney would probably have supported CISA as well. If Paul was in the White House, CISA would probably be kicked out on its sorry ass.

Capitalism seems as bad as Communism. Well... almost. As Mogens Jallberg has said, "In democracy it's your vote that counts; In feudalism it's your Count that votes.". We've got Counts (Senators) who are beholden to the corporate Lords and don't give a damn about how well the serfs are doing. Corporate feudalism? I guess that's the current system. I'm not convinced that this is democracy.

9. You seem to think that who the president is has any bearing on laws passed.
    Boo, Hiss.

Corporate fuedilsm sounds about right. I'm not sure anything can be done about it.

It all baffles me. These people must have children. Do they really not care about their future if not ours?

You'd think if they were all powerful they would fix global warming. They're killing their grand children if they do otherwise.