Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Quest XI "S" (PS4 / Nintendo Switch / XBox One)

1. I just wish certain companies weren't so stupid about getting certain Japanese games over here.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    That dual screen 3DS thing looks confusing.
    How so? It's just two different representations of the exact same thing. If you're feeling overwhelmed, just look at whichever you like better...

3. Your franchise makes way too much coin when you are whipping together two game engines on the same cart. Neat but weird.

4. It kind of reminds me of retro remakes like Monkey Island where you can switch between modern and retro graphics, except it's doing both at the same time.

5. Dragon Quest XI On 3DS Won’t Simultaneously Play In 3D And 2D For The Entire Game
    Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/30...eXWMJf0hxg2.99

According to the magazine report, the part of the game that shows 3D on the top screen and 2D in on the bottom screen, as shown during the demonstration footage, is only like that for the opening stages of the game.

Later on after its opening stages, you’ll have to select which style to play, but you’ll also get to switch between its 3D and 2D styles at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time is officially in development for Nintendo NX.

The news comes courtesy of series creator Yuji Horii, who confirmed development for the upcoming Nintendo platform in an interview with Nintendo Dream (as translated by Gematsu).

Horii also confirms that four versions of the game (on PS4, NX, and both 3D and 2D versions of the game for 3DS) will be released simultaneously. "Spoilers will emerge if we release one version earlier", he explained.

The Japanese release of the game is currently set for May 27, 2017.
    Link

7. MS gets Xboned again? I seriously have no idea which version to buy. There's plenty of time until release, so no rush to decide.

8. If you want a JP game, XBO isn't your console.

9. Still no Andrew in this thread in all this time? Is he dead or something?
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

10. X was online and never came here anyways. IX was a big step backwards (sorry Finch). Forgive my apathy.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Still no Andrew in this thread in all this time? Is he dead or something?
    Sorry, I was busy picking up my shattered hopes for another Squeenix title.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.