Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Quest XI "S" (PS4 / Nintendo Switch / XBox One)

Japan is irrelevant. This is MURKA

2. I'd be perfectly happy if rpgs went back to no voice work aside from the occasional cut scene, and games had maybe 15 minutes of cutscenes total.

3. Yeah. As good as DQVIII voice acting is, I still advance the dialogue as as soon as I've read the text box, and machine gunned truncated sentences sound dumb no matter how well-acted. Does everyone else actually allow the lines to be read to completion, or are you reading while listening to "Yes, this is the pl-This is the town where w-OY, GOV, WHACH-Of cou-WHODDYA MOIN UM A-Now we c" in every game, too?

4. Yeah I've tried to play without subtitles for that reason but most of the time the VA is bad or it just takes way too long after the first couple hours.

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Yeah. As good as DQVIII voice acting is, I still advance the dialogue as as soon as I've read the text box, and machine gunned truncated sentences sound dumb no matter how well-acted. Does everyone else actually allow the lines to be read to completion, or are you reading while listening to "Yes, this is the pl-This is the town where w-OY, GOV, WHACH-Of cou-WHODDYA MOIN UM A-Now we c" in every game, too?
    Well, unfortunately not every game has a setting to make this possible, but just recently in the case of Persona 5 I turned on auto-advance for dialogue and then consciously didn't look at the text box.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. I can't imagine skipping Yangus' voice acting.

If the dub is good quality I general hang tough in letting it play out. When I get impatient and start skipping I feel like I'm degrading the experience.

7. If you are getting impatient and start skipping, the experience degraded itself.

8. Naw. That's me being unable to conquer my significantly reduced attention span. Thanks, internet!

9. you ever skip forward in a movie?

10. My kid does all the time. New generation = new way of consumption