Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Quest XI "S" (PS4 / Nintendo Switch / XBox One)

1. IX was a big step backwards in that it passed VIII and VII and landed somewhere around VI. But, as much as I like VII and VIII, that step backwards was kind of a step forward.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 26 Aug 2016 at 10:24 PM.

2. That post should come with a decoder ring.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

When is the mmorpg coming out?

4. In my wet dreams.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

The game is coming out July 29 in Japan. 8980Y for PS4, 5980Y for 3DS. The Special Edition packs both the PS4 and 3DS versions together. There is a "Spell of Restoration" available in the game which allows portions of progress to be exchanged interchangeably between the two versions. Details about the Switch version aren't finalized right now.

I wasn't expecting to want to get the LE, but this package confirms that I won't. It will be strange to see a mainline DQ game struggle to sell one million copies on a console, even with their bending over backwards to get people to buy it and play it.

6. I haven't been following DQ XI- why would it struggle to sell a million?

7. Maybe he means a million on PS4?

The Japanese console market has collapsed.

Yeah, PS4 was what I was referring to there. FF15 just barely got over 1M, last I heard. I'm sure it'll do just fine on 3DS.

9. Of course portables would end up overtaking consoles over there, they spend like half their waking hours on trains.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids