Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Quest XI "S" (PS4 / Nintendo Switch / XBox One)

1. Dragon Quest XI "S" (PS4 / Nintendo Switch / XBox One)

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/28...-nintendo-3ds/

The two versions share the same scenario. On-field enemies on the PS4 version, random battles on the 3DS version. Whoops, no they both have on-field enemies.

PS4 version had an amazing field, 3DS version had a 3D view on the top and a 2D view on the bottom that was really neat.

I don't think music difference were mentioned, but I'm hoping the PS4 version is symphonic.

PS3 get reckt.

Last edited by alan_fatima; 28 Jul 2015 at 05:01 PM.

2. Different....

3. Day one.

4. Quote Originally Posted by alan_fatima View Post
    The two versions share the same scenario. On-field enemies on the PS4 version, random battles on the 3DS version.
    The videos show on-screen enemies in the 3DS version, too.

Square Enix is so thoughtful they're going to spare us all the trouble of deciding which version to get by not localizing either.

That 3D/2D split looks great and makes a lot of sense for a series that is almost defined by its strict adherence to tradition.

6. Paging Andrew getting a raging Hard-on at this release.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

I'm never going to play this, but the approach to the 3DS visuals is extremely cool.

8. Oh. The PS4 and 3DS JP release will be simultaneous.

9. That dual screen 3DS thing looks confusing.

10. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    The videos show on-screen enemies in the 3DS version, too.

Square Enix is so thoughtful they're going to spare us all the trouble of deciding which version to get by not localizing either.
    I'd be really surprised if Sony doesn't really push for this, maybe with DQ X in the bag. Yuji Horii wants these in the west too, people are just misreading Square Enix's "Whoa whoa whoa, disregard that we weren't supposed to say anything." for "*We're thinking about it but buy this other game until then."
    Donk