Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seattle

My phone number is in that one place. I'll be there after 3:30.

Go to Pikes Place in the afternoon and get lunch then head up to Seattle Center and check out the scene. EMP is a considerably better experience after 4 or 5.

If it's slow enough we can go to one of the music rooms and rock out.

3. Sounds good. I'll be there on the 8th.

How easy is it to bike around the city? That's one thing I always like doing in new places.

I haven't biked it but it has a lot of steep hills.

5. The only thing cool about this dumb town anymore is music. I'd tell all about it but it doesn't seem like it's in the cards for you this time around.

The EMP is better as an opportunity to see Josh, who is cool, than it is any great museum. They do have the main mask from the Creature From The Black Lagoon. So that's rad. There's not much in the way of any food I'd want to eat anywhere near the place also. But if you're going to be elsewhere I can tell you what's good. J Williams has a point about Red Mill but I wouldn't have called it a destination and it has now been absolutely destroyed by both Zippy's and Lil Woody's.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Go see PaCrappa's band play.
    If he's talking about this Saturday we're playing in Tacoma. Oh yeah, different band now too. I should change my sig. I see now it's the 8th. I'm sure there'll be at least half a dozen sweet rock n roll shows to choose from on the 7th and 8th if diffusionx is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I didn't care for the underground tour either. After 15 minutes you've had your fill.

Pikes Market is good for bumming about as a tourist. Great seafood.
    Reverse the above. For fuck's fucking sake if you value your sanity steer clear of Pike Place Market. I give about a million driving tours of this town a year and that place has never made the list. The underground is sweet.

I don't bike but it sure looks heinous with the hills, shitty local drivers and hoards of transplants who drive worse than the locals.

Good luck!

6. I just remembered that they have Robert Wadlow's shoe at Pike Place! You can view it for only twenty five cents. The way the rent's been increasing around here I'd be surprised if it isn't fifty by now.

Re: Bigfoot. It's free if you use the light on your cell phone instead of dropping your quarter.

Re: EMP grub. There is the 5 Point, which is acceptable, but a total dive. You piss on a pile of ice in the men's room because fuck a urinal. Also a hot dog stand that is fairly busy when it's there. Lots of food trucks on the Seattle Center grounds these days actually.

I killed 2 hours at Pikes Place about 3 months ago, btw. It wasn't bad, and it's the kind of thing that parents dig.

9. I forgot the 5 Point. That place is great!

I took my parents there, and they dug it. My parents are fairly punk rock about most things, so (diff) that's something to consider.