Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Yoshi and Chux Are Getting Married! Congrats!

1. Yoshi and Chux Are Getting Married! Congrats!

Disney Buys Lucasfilm for $4 Billion
    BURBANK, Calif. & SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Continuing its strategy of delivering exceptional creative content to audiences around the world, The Walt Disney Company (NYSEIS) has agreed to acquire Lucasfilm Ltd. in a stock and cash transaction. Lucasfilm is 100% owned by Lucasfilm Chairman and Founder, George Lucas.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/disne...#ixzz2AobPB5nn
    http://www.businessinsider.com/disne...illion-2012-10

They're also making three new shitacular Star Wars sequels.

Jesus fucking Christ. I have to give credit to Lucas for finding the ultimate way to cash out while ruining everything. I'd sell a lot of principles for $4B too.

edit: If Disney isn't already tearing down half of Epcot to build a Death Star, this is a wasted deal.

edit2: The more I think about this, the more I think I like it actually. It's not like Disney can do worse than Lucas has recently. And now I have reason to play the next Kingdom Hearts!

edit3: Where are you taking me on the honeymoon, Chuxipoo?
    Last edited by Yoshi; 30 Oct 2012 at 04:29 PM.

3. Disney will probably do a better job handling Star Wars than Lucasarts has in a long time. At least we know who wears the pants in this relationship sorry, Yoshi

I'm quitting my job and eating bonbons all day.

Yoda can now be an analyst on ESPN. The possibilities are endless.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    edit3: Where are you taking me on the honeymoon, Chuxipoo?
    Disney World, duh.

6. Also Yoshi, Disney has been hands off of Marvel since the acquisition, they may do the same with Lucasfilm, although they shouldn't.

Oh, shit. I hadn't made the Marvel connection yet. The Mark VIII Iron Man armor can now make him look like a Stormtrooper. I welcome this this ridiculous new world.

edit: And maybe we can get Warren Spector to make a Star Wars game! *head explodes*

Chux: move in with Yoshi then we can all play Nintendo!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Oh, shit. I hadn't made the Marvel connection yet. The Mark VIII Iron Man armor can now make him look like a Stormtrooper. I welcome this this ridiculous new world.

edit: And maybe we can get Warren Spector to make a Star Wars game! *head explodes*
    Last edited by Chux; 30 Oct 2012 at 05:51 PM.

10. Lucas remains as "creative consultant." The new movies will suck just as much.