Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Collected Works of Hayao Miyazaki (blu-ray box set)

1. That's what happens when you try and teach programmers human emotion.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Why would he ever like that? has he ever made a horror movie?

3. He has horrific elements in his movies. Check out the wiggly black slime in Mononoke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. The Collected Works of Hayao Miyazaki (blu-ray box set)

That might be the most savage repudiation I've ever heard. It's a real life version of the statement from Billy Madison.
    Boo, Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    He has horrific elements in his movies. Check out the wiggly black slime in Mononoke.
    Given the rest of his work I can't help but think he comes to it in a completely different way. Maybe through tragedy?

He seems very deliberate with his choices and is easily offended by those that just muddle through the medium.

That seems to be the point of the critique. That they just muddled through. That the software is just throwing shit together. And in doing so, maybe trivializes real horrors in life.

Some of that is being an old man though. Young people are known to experiment. And they lack the experience of life and their medium necissary to be deliberate with all their actions.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 13 Dec 2016 at 07:58 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Holy shit, the faces on that room after he fucking destroys them.
    Yeah there's really nothing they could say. He literally shit on their work with a simple thought out reply in an instant.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Some of that is being an old man though. Young people are known to experiment. And they lack the experience of life and their medium necissary to be deliberate with all their actions.
    I think he's less disgusted that the kids don't have experience and haven't understood pain yet and more disgusted that a computer never will, yet we're asking it to generate art.

That seems more romantic than he was trying to appear.