Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Darius Burst: Chronicle Saviours (PC, PS4, PSV)

1. DBCS mode list at official Japanese site

A quick overview of the modes, with CS and AC original/EX/Chronicle.

2. I've been messing with the beta for this a bit and it's pretty awesome! It's an excellent port, and the game itself seems pretty great. I don't think it tops Strania or Mushihimesama, but it has a very cool and unique structure.

3. So this is local multiplayer only?

4. Copy/paste from the press release-

DARIUSBURST (Win, PS4, Vita)- This high flying SHMUP is from Taito and Pyramid and is one of the premium Japanese franchises for the genre. As such, it's going to be priced at $49.99 for PC and $59.99 for Playstation ($39.99 for Vita). Only way to find out if this superb SHMUP is worth the price of admission is to request a review copy! Vita and PS4 launch date is Nov 30, PC is Dec 3.
    So that's a sticker-shock I wasn't expecting. I'm not saying it's not worth it, but it's definitely not coming out at current market rates.

5. I'm really surprised there isn't a physical release for this. My main issue with these higher prices for me over the years that I always felt digital releases should be lower in price since you're not paying for a box, instructions and a physical copy of the game. Asking the same price for digital which imo should be 10 dollars less isn't quite right but yeah it's been happening for years because nobody's ever called out companies for it.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

That's one of my pet peeves, too. The slow indoctrination that digital has the same value as physical. It's bullshit.

I don't mind digital purchases at all as long as they're appropriately priced, but they never are.

7. I like Darius for what it is but it's super not worth anywhere near that price even with a physical copy. Guess I'll see them next year after a few price drops.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I'm really surprised there isn't a physical release for this. My main issue with these higher prices for me over the years that I always felt digital releases should be lower in price since you're not paying for a box, instructions and a physical copy of the game. Asking the same price for digital which imo should be 10 dollars less isn't quite right but yeah it's been happening for years because nobody's ever called out companies for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    That's one of my pet peeves, too. The slow indoctrination that digital has the same value as physical. It's bullshit.

I don't mind digital purchases at all as long as they're appropriately priced, but they never are.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    So that's a sticker-shock I wasn't expecting. I'm not saying it's not worth it, but it's definitely not coming out at current market rates.
    This isn't a port of an older game like Mushihimesama or Strania. It's a new release developed for these platforms. It's certainly cheaper than it was importing the Cave games on 360 from Japan.

edit: I sure as hell don't want the message sent that this genre is worth less than others for new releases.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 30 Nov 2015 at 09:50 AM.

Off topic. Reported. Not the thread for family photos.