Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: Darius Burst: Chronicle Saviours (PC, PS4, PSV)

Sorry, no disc, no $60, no matter what genre.

2. Yeah, fuck that noise. The whole bullshit justification behind digital was that it would be cheaper precisely because there were no manufacturing or distribution costs. People are willing to bend over and spread their cheeks for retail prices, so the they're the same. I don't care if I'm a dinosaur or not, digital on consoles sucks.

Hey Melf, let's go eat some cavemen.

4. I want it on Vita, but I sure as hell am not paying $39.99 for a digital Vita game.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Glad to see I'm not the only old man who feels the same way. I want to play this game but fuck I'm standing my ground by refusing to pay this much for a digital release.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 30 Nov 2015 at 12:47 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

6. I'm in.

7. If it's Vita TV-compatible, I may wait for a sale and pick it up then. Otherwise, a PC sale is the only way I'll bite.

That's a disappointing price. I'm still in (I certainly have spent more on worse, like Espgaluda II and Mushihimesama on PS2), but I can't imagine them getting many sales outside of the hardcore shmup crowd. As much as I love the game, I think I'll continue to recommend Eschatos and Crimzon Clover to casual fans who want a modern shmup.

Yeah, but the shmup crowd are also hardcore collectors. I don't see this ending well.

10. If I had any interest in this game at all, I'd pony up the $60/40. But then I'm not looking at it from the "this is digital, it should be cheap" angle. I'm looking at it from the "we're lucky to be getting it, it's not going to be a big seller, the publisher needs to max out the returns" angle. Plus, I get so many of my games dirt cheap anyway, that it isn't a big deal to throw support behind a game or two that deserves it. I paid $70 for Raiden Trad. $60 for Darius doesn't seem too bad a deal.Hell, I paid $40 for EDF on Vita and only played it once! But I've lost interest in shooters over the years.