Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Darius Burst: Chronicle Saviours (PC, PS4, PSV)

The frustrating part is that this should be the shmup that everyone can play: it has thousands of stages, great presentation, and has some fairly easy modes that let even novice players clear it. It solves all the "too short, too hard, too ugly" complaints that surface in every mainstream shmup review. But the prices make it really hard to convince somebody to take a chance on this instead of Fallout 4 or Just Cause 3.

Is it worth the asking price? Yes, absolutely. No question. But I can't see many people who don't already know they want the game being interested in it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I like how you keep posting this while you buy physical arcade games from the '90s.

3. Price makes sense to me. It's a new-to-home game. The bigger fans of the genre will consider it worth the Normal New Video Game Price, just like they would have done on PS4 or on Vita, and if it's anything like most Steam games it'll be on sale at some point in the next year or two for those that for whatever reason don't think it's worth the Normal New Video Game Price.

It's also a very good game that I'm excited to sink time into, of course, or I wouldn't bother going to bat for the price tag.
    Last edited by Tain; 30 Nov 2015 at 06:34 PM.

4. $49.99? Really? I would have liked it to go for a half of that, but whatever. I've paid more than that for 360 imports so I'll bite the bullet. Still I have a feeling that this would sell better for less.

Vita? Going for the physical LE.
    Last edited by gameoverDude; 30 Nov 2015 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I like how you keep posting this while you buy physical arcade games from the '90s.
    I haven't bought a single one that is available digitally.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Glad to see I'm not the only old man who feels the same way.
    I guess wisdom doesn't come with age, since Tain gets it:

Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Price makes sense to me. It's a new-to-home game. The bigger fans of the genre will consider it worth the Normal New Video Game Price, just like they would have done on PS4 or on Vita, and if it's anything like most Steam games it'll be on sale at some point in the next year or two for those that for whatever reason don't think it's worth the Normal New Video Game Price.

7. $60 for a digital release isn't happening for me. Digital simply doesn't have the same value as physical. I don't care if it's Just Cause 3 or DariusBurst Chronicles, $60 is a price for ownership, not digital licensing.

It'll be $20 on sale soon enough, or even $30. I'll get it when it's at a rate appropriate for the release format, or until I can spend $60 on a nice disc for my game shelf.

8. If this and Mushihime had their prices reversed I probably would've bought both at launch but would've still had some grumbling about $60. I don't care if it already came out on another platform or not.

It's more grumbling that it's hard to recommend this game to casuals than a real effect on my plan to purchase it. I just really hope Degica and Taito-Eidos know what they are doing and understand the audience better than us. Maybe the projected early purchasers are such a small group that a $50 launch price really is the best way to maximize revenue. I just really hope this game succeeds.

10. I'm pretty sure (don't quote me) that Degica is stuck with Taito's pricing structure. Taito is Squeenix, after all, and Chronicle Saviors is hitting the same time in Japan as US. I'm willing to bet the US pricing is so the Japanese shooter market doesn't rise up and scream "What the fuck!" as one.