Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Darius Burst: Chronicle Saviours (PC, PS4, PSV)

1. This is pretty fucking incredible on a projector with a 120 inch screen and a decent sound system cranked up. Easily worth the $40 for me.

2. I tried AC in 2-player on two 27-inch monitors during the beta and that ruled. And then later when I couldn't do that I made myself a bigass virtual screen by playing it through Virtual Desktop on my Rift DK2 like a goober. It actually worked pretty well!

It seems like a great game so far. I'd like to clear some Original/EX courses before messing with the other modes.

3. I found that Original/AC are arcade difficulty, designed around eating quarters. CS, on the other hand, may not have the massive-screen glory of the ultra-wide format, but each challenge is designed with no continues allowed. While that means it's easier, it's also more tense during a longer run because you can't afford the hit. I know, credit-feeding is bad, etc, but there's something about the bullet patterns in the arcade version that feels a bit on the cheap side.

4. Is it just me, or is that 'Freedom' song that's in every single trailer/demonstration of this game laughably terrible? It feels like someone played a bad joke on them or something.

Does the music in this game get better? If so, I can't imagine why they would keep pushing that one front and center.

5. Quote Originally Posted by koda View Post
    Is it just me, or is that 'Freedom' song that's in every single trailer/demonstration of this game laughably terrible? It feels like someone played a bad joke on them or something.

Does the music in this game get better? If so, I can't imagine why they would keep pushing that one front and center.
    It's the worst song in the game by miles. The rest of the music is some of Zuntata's finest, and then that's just kind of there drooling in the corner. It does work better in context (it's the theme for the very first CS level), but it's not representative of the rest of the soundtrack's quality at all.

6. Nice game so far! Great music and the game is pretty hard (AC mode anyways). I haven't tried CS mode yet. My timing for that super gold burst laser sucks.

I imagine "Freedom" sounds better if you don't actually know English. The rest of the soundtrack is amazing, especially the single long songs that play across arcade routes and are perfectly synchronized to each level and boss.

I got a chance to dig into this last night, and it's phenomenal, easily worth the current $40 asking price.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 05 Dec 2015 at 07:19 AM.

9. The Legend was my favorite ship but I'm now torn between it & the Genesis. You get the Alpha Beam and its counter style from G.Darius... fun, when you get the huge swarms of enemies (i.e. 48-60 or so on the screen at once I guess) or a boss fires its own Burst laser.

"Freedom" is fine, IMO. I'm glad to see Hello 31337 & Hinder Three return in this one, while there are several other brand new BGMs to make for an overall solid soundtrack.

Would like to see how the PS4 version works with PS VR.

10. May want to try NOT using Wave.

Those yellow bullets that the Laser cancels cannot be taken out by the Wave. While you give up the ability to shoot through obstacles, you can refill your Burst sooner. A fair trade-off if you're using the Genesis.
    Last edited by gameoverDude; 14 Dec 2015 at 11:33 PM.