Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mafia III (PC, PS4, One)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I found it funny in Magia II they licensed those hit rock songs and not the vehicles you drive.
    That is becouse car manufacturers do not want that when you can wreck and destroy their cars.

The game went from The Monkeys to Creedence Clearwater Revival via Rare Bird to The Rolling Stones.

I actually think the reason I was not allowed to record any sound during the private presentation was becouse they have not secured all the licenses for the music being used in their presentation yet.

3. I was just thinking about this.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Alright. October. Good shit.

5. I really want to revisit the first two games. I wonder if they will release a trilogy or if I should just get them on PC. Was there a significant difference between the console and PC versions of 1?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. Surprise there's not much talk about this since it released.

It's a bit buggy, and the HUD is more cluttered than I would like. Aside from that, very solid. Really does a great job capturing the feel of late-60s New Orleans (or at least, what I imagine it would have been like). Heavy on story, and a good one at that. Just how I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

7. So after the initial release reviews were a little unkind I waited on this one. I wound up trading a bunch of games in and managed to get this and Steep for cheap. I don't really know what people were complaining about. I mean ya, its repetitive in the sense that you have to go somewhere and kill everyone, but that's videogames today. I was expecting Assassins Creed 1 levels of repetitiveness, and at least so far it's not nearly that bad.

Lincoln Clay is an interesting character. Only complaint I have right now is the driving is shit. I mean that as a compliment I suppose, because all of those fucking boats they used to drive were shit to drive unless it was in a straight line. And just like last game this one is driving heavy. Not as diverse as it was last time though. No progression of the years, no snowy environment. Which is understandable in New Orleans but still missed.

Also holy shit on the language. I know Mafia 2 holds the world record for saying the word fuck but wow. These writers are giving it their all to repeat that "success".

8. Just wait till about the second half. The n-bombs fall at an ever-increasing pace. It goes from "probably historically accurate" to "okay they're just being over the top now." One particular character late in the game... I'm glad you're playing, because it'll be good to get someone else's reaction.

It's a good game overall, just terribly unstable and laughably bad AI.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

9. I'm not sure where I am specifically, I just had my meeting with my troops, so I'm guessing maybe halfway.