Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: SNK Playmore bought by Leyou Technologies

1. SNK Playmore bought by Leyou Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. From the sound of things, they're interested in doing non-pachinko related things with their IP.
    That's a good start.

3. mobile time
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

4. It's been mobile time for a while. This could be better or it could be about the same. I don't think it could really get worse.
    Donk

5. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    I don't think it could really get worse.
    Tizoc Angry Birds
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

6. Tizoc never yields to hardship.

I would play that.

7. Yeah I'm on board for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Not getting my hopes up.

9. Quote Originally Posted by from the damn article that was linked in the first post
    Dongfang Xinghui (subsidiary of Oriental Securities) will be the majority shareholder of the joint venture with 80% of the shares. The CEO of Dongfang Xingui, Zheng Jianhui commented that the main reason for their acquisition of SNK Playmore is their vast number of game IPs and the all the tie-ins the characters are involved in. In particular, he mentioned that going forward they aim to follow the “Marvel formula,” where the Marvel Universe has branched off into different spaces including comics, games, television, and movies to form a complete and synergistic IP profile. He is also looking forward to collaborations with other Chinese companies to develop games, anime, manga, televisions, and movies in order to fully develop SNK’s intellectual property.
    It's like no one reads these days - their announcement outlines exactly what they wanna do and, if past experience is any indicator, this can get a whole lot worse than tagging SNK IP onto pachinko machines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Anything is better than nothing. Maybe some of it will be good. Meanwhile, SNK's nonexistent output has zero chance of being good.