Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder Dudes in Gamesoft World Appreciation Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    It was all that attitude. So disrespectful.
    Yeah on SoJ. Kalinsky was trying for one of the first simultaneous launches and they were basically "fuck you, whitey".

Lol, what a lack of perspective. That would have probably been a first for gaming.

Lol, fuck whitey.

3. Check your privilege, round eye!

Recorded the podcast with Chux last night. I think it went pretty well.

The next episode was going to be Mega Man Legends but has been changed to ride on the coattails of some site or other's adventure game month. We're playing through two 1993 adventure games, Day of the Tentacle and Space Quest V, giving impressions on the games and discussing the design differences between A LucasArts and a Sierra (Dynamix) adventure game.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. Oh man, DoTT and SQ5 are two of my favorites. Some fans don't like SQ5 because it's a tonal shift for the series, but I thought it was great.

Space Quest 5 is an odd one. At first glance it looks like the series has ditched all of its pulp scifi routes in favour of a more boring Star Trek parody, but there's still a lot of things that are allusions to older works in there, like WD40, Genetix, and Thrakus. I actually think the puzzle design is the best in the series. Space Quest games generally have one or two insane puzzles that few human beings will ever figure out, but the only outright mean one (the keycard laser) is kind enough to give you multiple shots.

The most difficult part of the game for me was finding the coordinates for Kiz Urazgubi. Why oh why is it listed merely as "KU" in the Galactic Inquirer?

7. I'd be so curious how you guys feel about the new Kings Quest - I never played older KQ until just recently (past year or so), so my perception of the new one seems to be way different from folks who played Sierra games back in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Not sure if we haven't asked on here, but feel free to write any impressions you guys might have on the games we play. We'd love to read them in the podcast.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Recorded the podcast with Chux last night. I think it went pretty well.

The next episode was going to be Mega Man Legends but has been changed to ride on the coattails of some site or other's adventure game month. We're playing through two 1993 adventure games, Day of the Tentacle and Space Quest V, giving impressions on the games and discussing the design differences between A LucasArts and a Sierra (Dynamix) adventure game.
    Oooh, I'm looking forward to this. Really interested to hear what you guys think. I started with Sierra/Dynamix titles as a child, but came to appreciate the LucasArts titles more as I got older. The design made more sense.

I played Monkey Island 1 in 2002 for the first time and was surprised by how... playable it was. I didn't get stuck. I couldn't die. The puzzles were fucking hilarious. Whereas, if I played King's Quest 6 now (one of my personal faves), I would definitely need a FAQ of some sort.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    I'd be so curious how you guys feel about the new Kings Quest - I never played older KQ until just recently (past year or so), so my perception of the new one seems to be way different from folks who played Sierra games back in the day.
    I really enjoyed it but it's not really Kings Quest. Honestly I feel like it's more Princess Bride the game which gets no complaints from me.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.