Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243436373839 LastLast

Thread: Wonder Dudes in Gamesoft World Appreciation Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Is there a link for this podcast?
    http://wdigsw.com
    Donk

2. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Thank you.

P.S. Starting with episode 1 because I want to listen to Finch talk. Fuck that Mzo guy tho.~
    Last edited by BonusKun; 04 Jan 2016 at 09:01 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. I'm playing Actraiser 2 right now. A lot of children were crying on Christmas of 1993.
    Donk

4. i don't like actraiser 2, it's bad
    Donk

5. okay i finally finished the first area

i don't hate it so much anymore
    Donk

6. I like it now. By the end of this it'll be my favorite game ever

7. Wait Actraiser 2? I don't fucking know you anymore!
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

ActRaiser 2 was one of the most disappointing sequels ever for me. It wasn't even bad, and I did play it to the end. It's just that they killed what made the original so unique. I should give it another try to see if my opinion has changed.

9. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    ActRaiser 2 was one of the most disappointing sequels ever for me. It wasn't even bad, and I did play it to the end. It's just that they killed what made the original so unique. I should give it another try to see if my opinion has changed.
    I hear this about Toejam and Earl a lot, too, but I can't help loving the second game all the same.

Funny thing is, when you do it backwards and release the weird innovative game after the conventional one everyone hates that one (Star Fox 2/Command).

10. The stage design is way better in Actraiser 2 and the additions of the shield and flying around are really great and make the action way more involved and interesting. There are some obnoxious jumps and it's annoying when you fall into a group of enemies that won't leave you alone, but it's really well made despite the lack of the sim mode. Imagining how they could've improved the sim mode if they took the same approach as they did with the action just makes it that much sadder though. The difficulty curve could've been a little less steep, but there is an easy mode. Maybe if that was "normal" mode and they changed normal and hard to hard and nightmare or something it would've gotten a little more love.
    Donk