Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder Dudes in Gamesoft World Appreciation Thread

So lol, Back In My Play just ended. Kevin Larrabee felt that the 4k downloads and couple hundred dollars he made on Patreon per episode isn't enough to keep his interest (not to mention begging the fans to buy him games.) I'm not a fan of the show at all, and this definitely didn't up my opinion of the guy. If he said he didn't have enough time or whatever it's one thing, but he pulled a Capcom and said he wanted to do it but blamed the fans for not doing enough. He said his fitness podcast pretty much pays his rent and the numbers on the gaming side were disappointing. Unbelievable.

Point is, screw that guy. Time to make a GAF thread and see if we get adopted over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Crazy talk! Wasn't there a mail away promo for sonic 1? I vaguely recall something like that. Wonder if that boosted the numbers a bit.
    I want to say there was a promo with the Genny 1 where if you bought the Sonic 1 system you could mail away for Sonic 2, but it could have been the other way around.

*edit* Found the commercial!

Last edited by GohanX; 14 Aug 2015 at 10:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

Sega did the mail away promo with the Game Gear, too. I bought the system with Columns. A few months later when the promo appeared, I mailed in the barcode and got a free Sonic.

90's sega was pretty swell. Up until the 32x became a "good idea'

I wonder what the Japanese perception of sonic is like. You do see him on jap merch. But the gen wasn't as big over there.

6. I'm pretty sure Sonic went over well worldwide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. sanic isn't big in Japan
    Donk

8. It's SegaSonic.

9. Sonic was never as big in Japan. Sonic 2's worldwide launch, "Sonic 2sday," was held everywhere simultaneously except for Japan. Virtua Fighter was much more popular over there later on, too.

10. It was all that attitude. So disrespectful.