Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Gentlemen's Laserdisc Society

1. I maintain that the 2D Disney movies look far better on LD. The colors are a lot warmer / softer, they've got that glow to 'em.

See if you have any discs with color bars on 'em, might help to adjust your set a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I've got a Video Essentials disc, I just can't make the HDTV pop like a CRT. I might need to play with the settings more, but I tend to lower color saturation to get better clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Now that I finally figured out how to get laserdiscs looking good on my HDTV I'm getting the itch again. I'm going to try to watch movies I already have instead of picking up new ones though.
    Dammit, already failed. They had Van Damme movies I was looking for cheap...

Laserdisc: The Next Generation

My daughter really digs these "really big movies" after watching Toy Story. I had a stack of discs I got from a dude on FB, and I asked her if she wanted to watch a movie. There was TMNT in the stack, which is what I figured she'd go for. Nope, she saw Superman, and had to watch it. I asked her if she was sure, she usually doesn't like live action stuff, she's still in the "everything must be animated" phase.

That was over a week ago. She still can't stop talking about Superman. It was my favorite movie when I was 4 too :biggrin: Last weekend we also watched The Lion King, which was great. I need more kids movies.

Speaking of kids movies, going to go pick up a nice score from Craigslist tomorrow, I hope. There was an ad on Craigslist for a CLD-D504, which is a newer midrange player, and 30 movies for $75. I can't tell what all the movies are, but he said it's got Godfather, Indiana Jones, a bunch of Disney movies and most of the Bond movies. I mostly want the player, but I'll surely take the movies too.

5. That's really cool, man! One of my motivations is to one day watch a lot of this stuff with a hypothetical kid and pass along favorite movies, I like to hear that's working out.

Picked up some good stuff today:

evil killer robot us'es

7. You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you dance with the reaper.

They made a Tomatoes sequel? The fuck?

9. Yeah, man! It's pretty great, honestly.

It has a pretty extensive callback to the Repo Man generic products.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 21 May 2016 at 03:27 PM.

10. That the one with George Clooney?
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.