Thread: Show Me a Hero (miniseries by David Simon and Paul Haggis)

1. Show Me a Hero (miniseries by David Simon and Paul Haggis)

So, on paper, this show is a bit of a hard sell. It's a drama about the mayor of Yonkers, New York in the late 80s and the debate over a court order that forced the city to open public housing in its overwhelmingly white east side. Sounds like a snore-fest, but it's actually been really excellent, helped by a strong cast, especially Oscar Isaac who stars as Mayor Nick Wasisicsko.

Written by David Simon (creator of The Wire, Treme) and directed by Paul Haggis (Crash). Anyone else watching?

2. I've liked everything I've seen by David Simon, Generation Kill was outstanding, Treme was great, Homicide, The Wire and the Corner are legendary. I'll be watching this when it's done.

That cast is killer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I wasn't aware this was a thing but now that I am will probably start it up soon.

4. They're doing two episodes a week, so by next Sunday the whole thing should be up on HBO Go/Now.

5. The dude playing Wasicsko is a stone cold fox. Winona Ryder is literally flawless. This MAY be my fav Simon piece. I'll reserve that until next week but so far it's in the lead.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. This wrapped up last night. Really good. Ending was a tear-jerker for sure.

7. Fantastic from beginning to end - I think it's definitely my fav Simon show so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread