Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CliffyB's LawBreakers

1. 99 > 2004 > III >>>>>>>>>> 2003

Instagib was never my thing in any FPS. The one-shot kills don't really work for any mode outside of deathmatch.

And I always preferred to play CTF or Onslaught modes.

CTF using the Sniper Arena mutator was the best in 99. Headshots are one-hit kills. Torso shots are two-hit kills. Limb shots are three-hit kills. And you can survive an extra shot or two if you grab the body armor, kneepads, or shield belt. That gives you enough health options to make skilled flag runs while still being able to kill people quickly.

Unfortunately, the sniper rifle got completely fucked up in 2003, and it never really got fixed again in 2004 or III.

I also thought the dodging and jumping systems were fine in 99, but then they got too complicated in 2003 and 2004 with all the wall jumps and double jumps and shit.
    Last edited by jyoung; 31 Aug 2015 at 01:22 PM.

2. All this talk is gonna make me do a check in on the new UT.

3. Every weapon in UT99, except the ripper, was viable for running over everyone else. It doesn't even make sense.

That game was so good.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

4. I'd take the Ripper over the Bio Rifle any day. The Bio Rifle was straight gutter trash. The Ripper could at least head shot if you had good aim.

5. Just checked in on UT'15 . Deathmatch feels shitty with the limited movement but CTF is fun. Still in alpha with maps without textures and such. Hardly anyone playing it. Sucks.

6. Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    I'd take the Ripper over the Bio Rifle any day. The Bio Rifle was straight gutter trash. The Ripper could at least head shot if you had good aim.
    That's crazy talk.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

7. Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    I'd take the Ripper over the Bio Rifle any day. The Bio Rifle was straight gutter trash. The Ripper could at least head shot if you had good aim.
    Yeah, the Ripper isn't terrible, but the Bio Rifle is very strong. It's just the primary shot that's (fairly) useless. Charged up fully the secondary is a one-shot kill on almost anything.

8. I killed myself with the ripper more than anyone else. Bio-rifle alt is great. Insta-kill with longer range than the impact hammer.

9. This game seems like a cluster-fuck of half-baked ideas. I'm more interested than before, though.

10. I think everyone is going to have a tough time after Overwatch comes out.