Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Card Trader: The Definition of Insanity

1. I play that SW Force Collection game. My Legion (clan) has maybe 3 of 40 who actually spend money on the game. We finish somewhere in the 350-500's every event. The legions who are winning and in the top 30 have full rosters of people spending $300+ durning each event (twice a month) plus who know how much on packs.

2. My son is 6 and gets a kick out of these, we haven't spent a dime though, you get like 5 free packs (25K in credits) every day you log in. On the flip side We could probably sell off all the cards he has for around $100 on eBay if I wanted.

3. I got a free pack of digital cards printed on a physical card that came with my Comic Con passes yesterday. I'm gonna redeem it and take notes so we can all laugh at it more.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Why own anything when you can just stare at a picture of it?

Just because all the lemmings are moving towards the cliff does not mean one is wrong for not wanting to join them. If people want to believe that jpegs and mp3s are the same as the actual physical product, that's their problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Why own anything when you can just stare at a picture of it?
    The original item is just a picture. Do you print every photo you take?

edit: Also, assuming we're talking about a digital item from 2015 instead of a physical one from 1977, buying the latter does nothing but line the pockets of a re-seller, whereas the former actually supports the developer, IP holder, etc.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 27 Aug 2015 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Yeah, I imagined it to be a wealthy child of one sort or another.

I've tutored rich kids that have spent literally thousands of dollars on FIFA card packs. Real money spent collecting fake digital cards for a game within a game that will be obsolete in a year.
    Do they need anything? I'll do a lot of things for $1000s. I'll dress up like their favorite cartoon character and make them a cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post

edit: Also, assuming we're talking about a digital item from 2015 instead of a physical one from 1977, buying the latter does nothing but line the pockets of a re-seller, whereas the former actually supports the developer, IP holder, etc.
    mzo said the image was server side. So you don't even own it. Thats the real killer. You're paying someone for the experience of seeing the picture. You don't own the picture. You aren't suppose to store it on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Do they need anything? I'll do a lot of things for $1000s. I'll dress up like their favorite cartoon character and make them a cake.
    You and Jared both.

Nah man, he'd make them a 500 calorie or less sub. Then put his dick in it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'm referring to collectibles. This is just stupid people paying for jpegs.

The guy uploading a file to a server is a hero? If you support giving money to that kind of thing, more power to you. I don't want to give money to someone for uploading a pdf of a comic when I could instead give it to a local comic shop who at least gets some of it. If you're buying the physical copy from 1977 from a shop you're helping a local business.