Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Cave games are coming to Steam, Winter 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Things are gonna be in 360's favor until Steam gets just about every one of the non-emulated/poorly-emulated Cave and G.Rev games, imo. Crimzon Clover is one hell of an exclusive, but I'd still take nearly any of Cave's games over it.

But Steam could actually get all those games, which rules.

Wonder if we'll ever see any of these devs release an original game on the platform. Treasure said they were doing something along those lines, but Treasure has a history of that.
    Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours will tilt the balance IMO. Unless it's a total porting disaster, that game alone is better than all of Cave's 360 output.

2. I don't believe you yet but I'm awfully excited to find out for myself!

3. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours will tilt the balance IMO. Unless it's a total porting disaster, that game alone is better than all of Cave's 360 output.
    pffffffffffffft

this can't be real

this is one of those 'bvork statements' where when you see for yourself, you realize you've been 100% bvorked

b·Vork

ˈ/bVôrk/

verb

1. Briefly believing something completely outlandish, e.g. it's ok to press up to jump.

So... uh... How do I hook a Steam pc up to a vertical pvm?

The thought of putting a Steam Machine inside my Blast City has already crossed my mind.

7. You wouldn't want to do a Steam Machine specifically, would you? I haven't looked into them much, honestly, but I was under the impression that they could only play SteamOS/Linux compatible games.

A little HTPC with Steam in big picture mode or something inside a cab would be damn awesome, though. I imagine you'd want to create a standalone Steam account for it, so that you weren't sifting through hundreds of non-applicable games. Re-buying the arcade stuff would probably be justifiable. Then again, simply creating a library category or something might suffice.

8. SteamMachines only come loaded with SteamOS but you can definitely install Windows on them if you want.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    SteamMachines only come loaded with SteamOS but you can definitely install Windows on them if you want.
    Oh, that's cool. And makes sense.

Yoshi made this thread on NG.com, and I'm the one defending PC ports of these games instead of the old console ports.

What the fuck is going on?