Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: The King of Fighters XIV (PS4)

1. This straight up bums me out.

2. Weirder still that KOF 12 and 13 were pretty much 3D models to begin with, why take ten steps back? /because the new company doesn't know what they're doing
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Weirder still that KOF 12 and 13 were pretty much 3D models to begin with, why take ten steps back? /because the new company doesn't know what they're doing
    Nona drew the characters by hand, then SNK staff made 3D models to generate the frames to add details on.

Sure makes it mindboggling that they did not go with cel-shading in XIV to try to approximate XIII's style. SNK should get together with Arc System Works Team Red and revamp this. With GGXrd, it's clear that ASW wanted to give their 3D graphics a feel similar to KOF XIII, and they succeeded.

4. I think ArcSys wanted their 3D graphics to feel similar to the other Guilty Gear games, which it did. I don't see KoF in it at all.

SNK has been dead for a long time. SNKP is a shambling corpse shitting all over the legacy it inherited. Let it go.

5. Seriously, SNK is nomore. I decided to play some KOF Neowave and it is not bad! Better than this, in any case.

6. Quote Originally Posted by No One View Post
    SNK has been dead for a long time. SNKP is a shambling corpse shitting all over the legacy it inherited. Let it go.
    You make it sound as though SNKP is Barry Switzer. They had a great run on their own. As many good KoF games were done under SNKP than not, and even their bad games (2001, XII, SvC) were at least adventurous.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    You make it sound as though SNKP is Barry Switzer.
    This Chinese company is certainly Chan Gailey.

As many good KoF games were done under SNKP than not, and even their bad games (2001, XII, SvC) were at least adventurous.
    Whom are you giving credit for the updated versions of '98 and '02?

edit: For the record, I think you are probably right. I'm just curious where you draw the line.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 01 Oct 2015 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I decided to play some KOF Neowave and it is not bad!
    There's nothing wrong with Neowave, other than the fact that the same system has KOF XI, which is one of the best iterations of KOF imo. I have the same issue with most of the NEO KOFs. They're all mostly good games, but I'm gonna grab 96, 98 or 2002 most of the time.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Whom are you giving credit for the updated versions of '98 and '02?

edit: For the record, I think you are probably right. I'm just curious where you draw the line.
    It's probably not fair to put '94 Rebout or '98 UM in SNKP's camp, but the original '02 was SNKP anyway. 2000, maybe the worst KoF ever, was the last not to bear a Playmore logo at all.

Agreed