Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6161819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The King of Fighters XIV (PS4)

1. From what I played of the demo, it seemed like attacks lack any sort of visceral impact.
    It felt a bit more responsive, though, and the graphics aren't bad with the normal zoomed out view.
    There's no jank hair physics, either.

2. While the counter displays '60' at the start of each bout, it takes around a second and a half to go down by one unit, so despite appearances a round in King of Fighter 14 lasts for about 90 seconds.
    Not exactly a major issue, but: the hell?

3. It also sits at 00 for a while before time is up.

4. I'm glad this turned out decent. It also looks like the graphics are way better than they were at reveal.

5. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I think that starting off with such low expectations of this game has left me continuously impressed by how it has developed.
    If there's any justice, this game will outsell SFV.
    Going to do my part and pick up a copy today. Glad SNK isn't trying to sell me a free to play game at full price.

6. Got my copy today. Very satisfied with it, and IMO the gameplay is as good as XIII's. The bosses are not quite as hard as other KOFs, being closer to Super SFII M. Bison's caliber than Rugal's. Graphics have shaped up nicely.

7. Got my BURN TO FIGHT edition. Most important: Online is kind of okay, but not as perfect as SNK's marketing was promising.

The game feels solid all around! Everything feels on point KoF and everybody moves as it should. Systems aren't too complicated, but that easy jab by auto combo is a pain in the ass to deal with sometimes.

The aesthetic of the game is all the fuck over the place, though. Menus, UI and character models all feel like a Dreamcast game. Movies for the "Story" mode all use those Character models and hint towards a story I didn't want anyway. Team endings are awesome, have custom artwork and are semi-animated. They're too slick and don't feel like they belong with the rest of this visual cacophony!

Leafing through the artbook, it seems like the art direction is there and solid, but just didn't translate to the in-game models at ALL. Maybe the graphics were rushed so the game could be solid and release on time? I'm going with that theory. Makes me feel better.

Do the story mode cinematics skip and lose audio timing for anyone besides me?

8. The King of Fighters XIV (PS4)

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Got my BURN TO FIGHT edition. Most important: Online is kind of okay, but not as perfect as SNK's marketing was promising.
    RE: Thinking any SNK will be anything but shit tier netcode.
    Last edited by Chux; 24 Aug 2016 at 02:42 AM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Online is kind of okay, but not as perfect as SNK's marketing was promising.
    Shocked

10. I feel like the only thing really holding this game back are UI, and technical know-how on the graphical front. So much of it is good, it's heartbreaking that the flash and polish will be what turns people away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.