Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 212141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: The King of Fighters XIV (PS4)

1. XIV may well turn out better than SFV. Graphics aren't everything. The character count beats USFIV, and is up there with some of the later Tekken titles.
    The new stages in the last trailer are just fine. My Give-a-Damn meter is at its MAX. Surely SNK will have a complete package ready, including arcade mode which SFV left out at launch. SNK looks ready to make a comeback, but hopefully they'll revisit other series in addition to KOF (Pulstar/Blazing Star which has been laid to rest too long- a 3rd one with realtime renders wouldn't be bad).

Mashing square for combos with only one button seems like it's just a beginner-friendly feature that can be turned off.
    Looks like Antonov is the semi-final boss, probably hosting the tournament to stop the plans of that "non-human species".

Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat
    That's what you lead with? THEY PUT A DINOSAUR IN THE GAME
    They're apparently got some Tekken envy. King X Alex.

2. No SNK fighter has had anything approaching a playable online mode. I doubt this will.

3. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    XIV may well turn out better than SFV.
    Oh I doubt that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

We'll have to see, the two games might get finished at about the same time.

5. Street Fighter V *is* pretty much an extended beta until the 'season pass' thing is done, it's true.

6. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    No SNK fighter has had anything approaching a playable online mode. I doubt this will.
    I think that trailer said 3v3 6 person online? There's no way this is going to be good.

7. One player drops, that's it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Oh I doubt that.
    But but arcade mode. That's like 15 minutes worth of extra playtime right there!

9. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    But but arcade mode. That's like 15 minutes worth of extra playtime right there!
    Gotta have that, along with survival (SNK has done it before in other KOFs). Capcom put an incomplete game out there this time, and it costs $90 to have all characters unless you farm Fight Money like hell. Giving a complete game for $60 then waiting to charge $30 more in 2017 to turn SFV into SFV CE/Super SFV/SFV X with new characters would be more reasonable. I'm a bit afraid of Capcom cheaping out and making M. Bison the end boss again, only a bit more powerful than the playable one.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX
    We'll have to see, the two games might get finished at about the same time.
    I don't doubt it.

10. I'll check on SFV again when Juri drops, but so far I'm not at all impressed with it. I hope that changes with time. I really do want to like it!

I've got Xrd and KI to tide me over until then.